X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Superman Homepage has the official description:

Get ready for a battle of the ages when the Justice League faces off against its archenemies, the Legion of Doom, in an all-new movie from DC Comics. A mysterious being known as the Time Trapper arises, and a sinister plan led by Lex Luthor sends the Legion of Doom back in time to eliminate Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman before they become super heroes. For Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg, along with teen super heroes Karate Kid and Dawnstar, the stakes have never been higher, the rescue mission never deadlier. So join the fight for the future as the Justice League confronts its ultimate challenge... the threat of having never existed!

Sounds a lot like that classic Challenge of the Super Friends episode, doesn't it? Not that that's a bad thing. I love that one!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Yep, they just replaced GL with Batman. I would have preferred an original plot, but updating that one could be fun.

I like the addition of the younger characters. Sounds a bit like a Legion/JLA crossover.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Also sounds like the planned JLU season they nixed.

Comment

• Aricosaur
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 26, 2013

The character designs remind me of the Total Heroes line. I might try to grab one on the 21st.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Maybe that many. I think they did the one season (of Beware The Batman). I wasn't huge on it, but it was growing on me. CN won't give straight shows a chance it seems any more. Everything has to have some quirky, ironic goofy element to it. They renewed Teen Titans Go!, which is fun, but the straight DC shows keep getting axed. I still miss GL; Animated. It was great.

Chris
          I didn't like Beware the Batman. Too dark. Too boring. But it was better than Teen Titans Go. I detest Teen Titans Go.

I also miss Green Lantern: TAS. Have they put out season DVDs of that yet? I wish I had the money to get the Animated Maquettes for the show. They would go great with my The Clone Wars maquettes.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Here's a link to short interview about the DVD that has me looking even more forward to it.

it's going to have a similar tone to the recent Green Lantern series. I hope it sells gangbusters.
            Last edited by madmarva; Jan 18, '14, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Some additional info here:

The World's Finest has received the official logline and a rundown of characters - both heroic and villainous - for the upcoming Target-exclusive JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time all-ages animated feature, hitting DVD on Tuesday,

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Well, I'm in.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Anyone pick this up yesterday? I won't be able to get to a Target until this weekend.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time is a fun, fast-paced all ages super hero adventure that will remind you very much of the Legion of Doom season of Super Friends in a very good way.

I really enjoyed the animation. Great looking snow and set pieces in the artic, outer space and Smallville. The story is a bit more juvenile than the Timmverse, but not by much.

There is a scene played for laughs with members of the Legion of Doom and several JLA members fighting over baby Kal-el in a baby carriage that was silly but worked for me.

Batman is not as dark as he is generally portrayed now. he is teamed with Robin and like in the Super Friends his bat plane can go in space. Cyborg had some Buzz Lightyear-like gliders while in space.

But the basic plot is as solid as most super hero fare. voice acting is very good. There are punches and explosions galore. DawnStar and Karate Kid were fun additions.

As someone else mentioned in the thread the video stemmed from an JLA series that wasn't picked up. That's a shame b/c I'd watch a toon like this every week.

The special features include a couple of super Friends episodes.
                    Last edited by madmarva; Jan 23, '14, 8:47 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I plan to pick it up.

I'm curious--what's the Legion of Doom roster in this new version?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Luthor, Toyman, Bizzaro, Cheetah, Solmon Grundy, Mr. Freeze, Black Manta, Grodd and the Time Trapper is involved, too.

The Flying Vader head headquarters is used. It's very much an homage to the Super Friends.

Comment

• bleit1701
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 1, 2009

Picked it up. There was a sign that said, "as Advertised" which was funny considering it was a 'stealth' release.

Enjoyed it very much. It's some where between Super Friends and the Timverse in tone.

I liked how they handled Dawnstar. Wish they revisit the Legion in animation.

And thought it was interesting that Superman had the Cavill look but Bizarro was the classic 'underpants' look.

The credits list the heroes creators but Superman an extra line about the Jerry Siegal family.

Spoilers:

There are some cameos at the beginning Superfriends fans will like.

3 words: Hall of Justice.

Not sure I liked the ending. It felt like we got only half the story but it sets up future adventures I guess.
                          Better late than never.....

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm going to try and get to the big city and pick this up this weekend.

How much are the charging for this?

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

$12.99

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^That's not awful, but at that price point, it's not going to fly off the shelves. They should have put it at $9.99 or less. It's only 52 minutes, correct?

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎