Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mego Mailer Boxes: 1975 JC Penney Super-Gals

Mego Mailer Boxes: 1975 JC Penney Super-Gals

Placeholder thread. More soon.

Images
    How's it going? Got your Penney's RC Batman yet? Just shooting the breeze until it's up.

Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    How's it going? Got your Penney's RC Batman yet? Just shooting the breeze until it's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuk View Post
    Here's a Idea ,Write the Blog THEN add the Link
    Man, you guys are ruthless!

Hey, I'm anal-retentive, man. I need to proof it a few hundred times!

Sorry for the delay. Here it is:

Read the blog.

Benjamin

I always enjoy reading your blogs, even this one even tho I'm not really interested in the mailer boxes. I can't even understand why anyone would want those. To me they look like plain, boring, cardboard boxes, I don't see the attraction
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Meule View Post
    I always enjoy reading your blogs, even this one even tho I'm not really interested in the mailer boxes. I can't even understand why anyone would want those. To me they look like plain, boring, cardboard boxes, I don't see the attraction
    Fair enough, Thomas. They ARE plain, boring cardboard boxes! However, had you grown up in America, you might have a slightly different view of what they represent.

I completely understand your response to the packaging… it's fairly typical, actually. Accordingly, I included plenty of exlanation regarding certain collectors' interest in Mailer Boxes. Thank you for posting your thoughts!

As an author and collector, I'm thrilled that:

a) You actually read my Blog and;

b) I can safely rule you out of the next Mailer Box auction's bidding war

(Jedi Mind Trick: "These aren't the Megos you're looking for.")

Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Fair enough, Thomas. They ARE plain, boring cardboard boxes! However, had you grown up in America, you might have a slightly different view of what they represent.
    You're probably right. I keep reading about Heroes World, JC Penney, Montgomery Ward, Sears and Kresge, but I have no affection with them. I know what they are/were, but having never visited one or even seen one, those names mean very little to me and so does their "exclusive" packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    b) I can safely rule you out of the next Mailer Box auction's bidding war
    That you can
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

We never had a catalogue culture in Australia. When I first got back into collecting I was fascinated with the idea of choosing items in a catalogue and sending away for them. How did you guys decide what you wanted? :-) I think because the vast majority of us live in a few big cities over here, there just wasn't a need for catalogues.

I do however have very fond memories of receiving Star Wars mail-away premiums through the post, and had to go and collect all those plain little white boxes again as an adult. So I can totally appreciate your fascination with mailers Benjamin!

It's pretty cool seeing crisp untouched figures appear out of beat-up old brown cardboard boxes as well.

Cheers,
    Will
    Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Images
    Thanx for these WGT supplementary blogs,Ben!!
    I've been so busy and out of the loop the last few weeks,but don't think I haven't bopped by and seen these!!Great work as usual,dude...especially
    the blog before this one on the 3rd wave..drool

Keep up the awesome work my friend!!

In one of these upcoming blogs,we could do our expanded Xmas pics thing,no?

M

Images
    Good stuff. The recent Playmates Toys Simpsons WoS line had an extensive mail-away program, and I have to say I loved receiving those plain-white mailer boxes. Never in a million years would I throw them out, and I know in 30 yrs they'll probably be as cool to me as the figs themelves..

I've become a convert to loving the mailer boxes over the last few years,
    and have been lucky to find several nice ones on ebay during that time.

Great blog, Benjamin.

r
    o
    b