Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of planned Mego Figures that were never produced.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I have a 1980 Toy Fair order form and I see that there was a plan for a 24 inch Growling Hulk figure as well as the Spiderman Alley plaset. There is also a programable Spider Trax vehicle. I know of the Batman one but I didn't know about the Spiderman one. Wasn't there also a Wonder Woman playset that was supposed to be produced?

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by megomania
      I think Grease would have done exceptionally well, and would have been a hot commodity in the late-90s/2000s. The other day I watched a Grease VH-1 "Behind the Music"...the 20th Anniv re-release of the movie in 1998 was huge. And with the success as the highest grossing musical at the box office all-time plus on-going Broadway success, Grease has a gigantic following.

-Chris
      Yeah, I worked at a video rental store in the mid to late 90's and Grease was constantly being rented out by teen and tween girls, a movie that was made before they were even born. It was still very popular, probably one of our top ten rented catalog titles, because of those girls continuously renting it.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
        • Mar 3, 2010

I got the chills... They're multiplyin'!!!! Grease would have been cool, and I've never seen that Thundarr pic before. I'm sure I would have had those had they been made...
        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

That Spider-Man CAH skyscraper gives me goosebumps...

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i also remember seeing photos of 3 3/4 inch scale moonraker james bond figure and playset.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

awesomesauce!

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

Yeah a Joanna cameron Isis would have been cool,if you got the tv series on dvd ,they show the head sculpt,
                would have been sweet.maybe Figures will get the filmation rights and do one.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I have that dvd. Where is the picture located?

Never mind. I found it in the memorabilia section of the Special Features.

That head sculpt was certainly a LOT prettier than the one they used for the figure.

The figure wasn't bad, but the choice they made for the footwear and the face were terrible!

They should have given her Invisible Girl boots and used the Joanna Cameron head that was sculpted.
                  Last edited by JediJaida; Jan 14, '14, 3:36 PM.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Someone take a screencap!

Comment

• Byrnes
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      Yeah, I worked at a video rental store in the mid to late 90's and Grease was constantly being rented out by teen and tween girls, a movie that was made before they were even born. It was still very popular, probably one of our top ten rented catalog titles, because of those girls continuously renting it.
                      Yeah that's it, it was the chicks

Sandy, can't you see
                      I'm in misery?
                      You made a start, now we're apart
                      There's nothing left for me

Love has flown all alone
                      I sit and wonder why, oh?
                      Why you left me, oh Sandy

BEST MOVIE EVER! well next to Road Warrior and Empire Strikes Back
                      WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• Byrnes
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by starsky
                        i also remember seeing photos of 3 3/4 inch scale moonraker james bond figure and playset.
                        I'm still in shock there has not been a decent Bond action figure out yet in the 4-6" scale. Hell or 8" for that matter. I remember the one in the early 90's. I think it was 10" or something. The line has so many characters to draw from.
                        WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

JJ, I get that you have some sort of personal investiture with the Isis character. (I could certainly quibble over WGSH Penguin details as well). I like the show, too.

But imo you're being unfair to the Isis figure we did get. I'm assuming we did not get an accurate Cameron sculpt due to licensing costs. Isis was seen, and in fact is, a Wonder Woman replacement in the WGSH that year. The SuperGals sculpt is not great, but honestly, the Isis deco is the best it's ever looked--more detailed & expressive, less doll-like, and useing the same production methods/rooting as WW.

Regarding the laced sandals, most collectors are impressed Mego supplied something so detailed & delicate. No doubt they were intended for something else that was scrapped, but they add a nice touch of new tooling to the figure and make it more special imo. Uhura boots, while more accurate, would have been more pedestrian and in fact not fit well on the figure without tights.

I guess with the Isis figure, I see the Mego glass as nearly full, and you see it as a bit scant.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

The sandals were also fragile as heck and broke very easily.

If the had given the figure straight hair, instead of that horrid flip, not to mention the paint job, she'd be a lot better.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

You're fond of Zica's Yvonne--consider kitbashing a custom Isis and posting it.

It could be a cool, interesting update of the figure, I'd be pleased to see it.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

another one...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎