Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of planned Mego Figures that were never produced.

Images
    Blog Entries
    *error*
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 9, '14 at 7:42 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know if more Comic Action or Pocket Heroes were planned?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    …I would add:

Daily Planet Playset for 8" WGSH

It was solicited in the 1979 Mego catalog (accompanying price sheet only, and set to be Item #94018) — Never Produced.

Since it made the price sheet, I'm assuming there is at least preliminary artwork somewhere out there….
    You'd have to imagine they were planning on a new Clark Kent figure to go with this. Wouldn't make much sense otherwise. Oh wait, they made The Wayne Foundation with no new, widely available Bruce Wayne, so I may be wrong.

But I'd be all over that!

Does anyone know if more Comic Action or Pocket Heroes were planned?
    Well, they showed Joker, Penguin and Shazam (Captain Marvel) on the card backs, but never made them in the "straight" Pocket format.

Chris

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    Is there any kind of definitive list?

Defining this gets a bit sketchy. For example, we're discovering figures that were thought to never have been produced, like the New Avengers, did make it to South Africa.

Or... the Logan's Run TV series was produced, but the run was destroyed.

8" Grease

I think Grease would have done exceptionally well, and would have been a hot commodity in the late-90s/2000s. The other day I watched a Grease VH-1 "Behind the Music"...the 20th Anniv re-release of the movie in 1998 was huge. And with the success as the highest grossing musical at the box office all-time plus on-going Broadway success, Grease has a gigantic following.

-Chris

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by megomania View Post
    I think Grease would have done exceptionally well, and would have been a hot commodity in the late-90s/2000s.
    I think Exclusive Premiere thought so as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIZZO-MOVIE-...item58a6305e41

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANDY-MOVIE-...item58a630586c

Images
    I have a 1980 Toy Fair order form and I see that there was a plan for a 24 inch Growling Hulk figure as well as the Spiderman Alley plaset. There is also a programable Spider Trax vehicle. I know of the Batman one but I didn't know about the Spiderman one. Wasn't there also a Wonder Woman playset that was supposed to be produced?
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Quote Originally Posted by megomania View Post
    I think Grease would have done exceptionally well, and would have been a hot commodity in the late-90s/2000s. The other day I watched a Grease VH-1 "Behind the Music"...the 20th Anniv re-release of the movie in 1998 was huge. And with the success as the highest grossing musical at the box office all-time plus on-going Broadway success, Grease has a gigantic following.

-Chris
    Yeah, I worked at a video rental store in the mid to late 90's and Grease was constantly being rented out by teen and tween girls, a movie that was made before they were even born. It was still very popular, probably one of our top ten rented catalog titles, because of those girls continuously renting it.

I got the chills... They're multiplyin'!!!! Grease would have been cool, and I've never seen that Thundarr pic before. I'm sure I would have had those had they been made...
    Galaxy Explorer

That Spider-Man CAH skyscraper gives me goosebumps...

Images
    i also remember seeing photos of 3 3/4 inch scale moonraker james bond figure and playset.