Doctor Who at BBP No More!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scary
    • Feb 17, 2013

JLabs, is there any chance that we can see pictures of the prototypes of what could have been? Just so we can dream? It would be nice to at least look at them if we can't own them. But who knows, maybe they could still happen some day? I do hope so.

Although I am really sad to see this line go, I am incredibly grateful for what we do have. I wasn't around back in the day to enjoy the Mego figures, but as a big fan of vintage stuff, I love the style of these figures. I'm glad to at least have the figures that we do in our collection. Thank you! :D

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
      .......Although we do not have the license anymore, the door is still open to future possibilities.
      a mystery wrapped in an enigma served cold with a side of riddle.

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

This is what i feared when it took so long to get the first 2 sets out. Such a shame as i would have bought over a hundred figures in this series if it kept going.
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

Thank you for the kind words and support of this line. We were proud of the products we produced, and had all kinds of plans for the future - specifically all of the Doctors - of course, and many more characters that interact with the current Doctor. We also received approval on producing replicas of the Denys Fisher products and packaging. Although we do not have the license anymore, the door is still open to future possibilities.
          This is sad news to me. The Doctors are among my favorite figures of the re-Mego era. Got the 11th for Xmas as a gift from my wife. I will miss the greatness that could have been present in future figures. Thank You Jason and BBP for what we did get. Hopefully SMDM and Galactica will eventually get enough orders to be produced. Those licenses have me worried, too, with the delays.
          It's all good!

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
            Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
            • Mar 3, 2010

OK. I am officially angry. This was my second favorite reMego line. I bought every figure. Every one of em. And they all rocked the house. I won the Tardis in the Museum giveaway... I just recently got the Dalek. These are some of my favorite toys. Biff Bang Pow did a great job on every figure produced... What....the.....hell.... man.... Are there any new lines coming out this year that I'm going to be interested in? There sure as hell better be, because.... because.... well, because yet another cancellation really makes me angry... The ol party line, "I'm just happy for what we DID get" is, like, soooo 2013. I want more dolls damnit. Dude... I'm officially angry...
            Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Jan 5, '14, 1:38 AM.
            Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

What saddens me most is that we could have had more figures in the period that BBP produced them. I would have gladly bought more per year. It felt like a "once in a year" kind of thing, and that killed the momentum.

I have to admit, with the big time gap in the BSG figures, I'm no longer jumping up and down for the next ones, either.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                What saddens me most is that we could have had more figures in the period that BBP produced them. I would have gladly bought more per year. It felt like a "once in a year" kind of thing, and that killed the momentum.
                BBC approvals are legendarily difficult and probably caused most of the delays.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

^I am sure that in some cases actor approvals and estate approvals could be in the mix as well.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    BBC approvals are legendarily difficult and probably caused most of the delays.
                    Ah, I see.
                    I sometimes wonder whether the BBC actually likes Who and its fans.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      Ah, I see.
                      I sometimes wonder whether the BBC actually likes Who and its fans.
                      I was privy to a former Who licensee's candid comments about them a few years back, it wasn't super great. Some of their behaviour was downright stupid.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I really have to say that this was the last line of these figures that I had any interest in. It will take something really special to get me to start buying a new line at this point.

The only thing that comes to mind would be the old Hanna Barbara superheroes and even then I would pick and choose.

(a very disappointed)
                        JeffBearCO

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

There goes Davros. I was really hoping they would get to him at some point.
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 6, 2007

This is why they should have concentrated on making the doctors first, and the other characters later. We could very well have all of the doctors in thhe time it took to get these few figures made and cancelled. Dont get me wrong, i love the figures, but it is doctor who after all.

Comment

• raycastile
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Sep 11, 2004

How is that Character Options/Underground Toys are able to produce so many DW characters and playsets, including all the Doctors and a broad array of companions and monsters from current and classic Who? Maybe they're getting their license pulled, too, but they've already produced a ton of DW toys.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I just KNEW, with all of the delays from other licenses, that THIS one would face delays as well.

They took SO long to release the few characters that they did, I'm glad that I never got anything.

And I was SO gung ho about it when I heard that they were doing the figures!
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎