Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

For those that want a Neal Adams/Jim Aparo style Batman, i got to see the DC Direct prototype that would have made you absolutely nuts that they didn't produce it. DCD opted to do the 13" line of figures instead, and I can only imagine how amazing those 13" DCD figures would have looked if we got the whole range at 8" Mego scale instead.

Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 18, '14, 9:46 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I know DCD talked to a few ReMego folks before going with the 13" figures. A real shame it didn't come about.

So...are we getting EMCE/Diamond Marvel ReMegos, or is this still conjecture at this point? I've scanned several threads and can't tell if this is just wishful thinking, or something really cooking.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

It's all speculation at this point.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

I think it's gonna happen and will be revealed at SDCC

Why would Dr Mego even mention anything at all? He could of kept quiet and said NOTHING.But,no he is leaving hints without really saying anything. It's obvious something is in the works and is not ready to be shown yet and it sounds like the maker of these will be EMCE.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Chris, I'm certainly not in the know, but the only things I've read that could be considered remotely official is that Doc Mego wrote "not at this Toy Fair" concerning Marvel re-Megoes, which could be construed in a number of different ways.

One reader asked if that meant later this year. Toy Fair is a once-a-year event, so maybe next year's Toy Fair? Mattel's re-megoes were announced and the prototypes first shown at the San Diego Comic Con in 2009, so that could come later this year.

Figures Toy Company has also responded to the question about Marvel re-megoes through email with "Not at this time."

From that little bit of information, it could just be wishful thinking and conjecture or negotiations could be underway or Marvel/Disney could have already said no.

Doc Mego has been on the record that he would continue to pursue the Marvel license. That was after the Mattel remego line was shut down, but before FTC announced the Batman and DC figures last year. But things do change.

I'm guessing Hasbro would have to not want to do the figures in that format and not care so much that it would allow another company to make them. At that point, Diamond Select could make them or partner with someone (like EMCE with Trek) to make them or pass. If Diamond Select passed, at that point, EMCE or FTC or Neca or Sideshow could bid on the license on their own. Marvel/Disney could just say no, but why would the company turn down money.

I would think all involved would want to monitor how well the DC material sells for FTC. The sales through their on web store would be difficult to measure, but FTC's sales through Diamond to comics shops and specialty stores could be tracked. Diamond reports those numbers to its customers and clients. I'm not sure if other web stores like Amok Time or Big Bad Toy Story buy their FTC products through Diamond or directly from FTC.

The Marvel characters would likely sell better than the DC figures, but would it be enough for Hasbro or even DST to make enough money off them for the trouble? Would EMCE take on the license without a partnership with DST? Would or could FTC outbid EMCE to get the license?

None of the companies are likely publicly comment on any of that.

Again, all I've written here other than the short statements by Doc Mego and FTC is just conjecture and best guesses on my part.

While I hope some company does do Marvel re-megoes, I wouldn't mind them waiting a year or so. With what FTC already has on the boards, I'm going to be broke anyway.
            Last edited by madmarva; Feb 18, '14, 2:11 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

right! Dr Mego would just flat out say NO it's not happening-Sorry guys! but instead he is just not denying anything

"not at this toyfair".....more like we'll see something at SDCC

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I started this thread Jan 1, 2014 and 6 weeks later a few days before Toy Fair Doc said "I cannot comment on this at this time." He did not have to say anything, so that has to be a hint! Then Doc said "You won't see photos of EMCE Marvel Megos at this Toy Fair." *with a smiley face Doc later removed. So will it be SDCC Toy Fair WEST? He then asked who started the rumor of DST EMCE Marvel Megos and then explained yesterday in Mego Buzz thread why he is not allowed to discuss projects he is working on but said he might at Mego Meet. Doc has never flat out said NO!

Somebody including Doc is after the Mego Marvel license. You know FTC did and is still trying to! I would like to see Doc get it after the way Mattel handled DC Retro Action.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                  I started this thread Jan 1, 2014 and 6 weeks later a few days before Toy Fair Doc said "I cannot comment on this at this time." He did not have to say anything, so that has to be a hint! Then Doc said "You won't see photos of EMCE Marvel Megos at this Toy Fair." *with a smiley face Doc later removed. So will it be SDCC Toy Fair WEST? He then asked who started the rumor of DST EMCE Marvel Megos and then explained yesterday in Mego Buzz thread why he is not allowed to discuss projects he is working on but said he might at Mego Meet. Doc has never flat out said NO!

Somebody including Doc is after the Mego Marvel license. You know FTC did and is still trying to! I would like to see Doc get it after the way Mattel handled DC Retro Action.
                  Spot on!

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 21, 2009

Not getting my hopes up, but it would be wonderful if it happened.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

WGSH is half empty without Marvel!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I thought Diamond had the Marvel 8 inch liscense.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

10th anniversary of Mego Meet would be a great place to make a big toy announcement. Just sayin'...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

Whoever gets the Marvel 8 inch license I hope they give us exact replicas of all the original Mego Marvel characters first then add new characters later. I'm sure Hasbro would have no interest in this. DST has already left us way short on characters from POTA, ST, STTNG and Universal Monsters so I doubt they would complete the original Marvel Megos either. My hope is that EMCE alone or FTC get it.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

With the Hulk and Thing figures, if Emce gets the license, do you want a short figure like the originals or would you rather have one that's the same height or taller than the other figures.

I'd like an 8" or taller version.

Comment

• luclin999
                                Museum Patron
                                • Oct 27, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
                                With the Hulk and Thing figures, if Emce gets the license, do you want a short figure like the originals or would you rather have one that's the same height or taller than the other figures.

I'd like an 8" or taller version.
                                I've always wanted to try making a custom mod of the Hulk's legs which extend them out by about a half an inch to see if that helps. Never had the time though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎