Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I want EXACT REPLICAS of original 13 Mego 8" Marvel figures and NEW like FTC is doing with Mego 8" DC!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

IF this is the license he's working on, I would like an 8" version of Loki, Sigyn, Sif, the Warriors Three.
      JediJaida

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by drmego
        i cannot comment on this at this time.
        Love it!!!
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
          Wow! This could be exciting news depending on who the Sculptor is...we don't want another repeat of the "Mattel" disaster.
          I concur.....Anything other then that "Mattel" fiasco will be welcomed with open arms.

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Wow! This could be exciting news depending on who the Sculptor is...we don't want another repeat of the "Mattel" disaster.
            I concur.....Anything other then that "Mattel" fiasco will be welcomed with open arms.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

IF Marvel Megos are to be replicated, I hope the urge to "correct" shortcomings will be resisted. (think Captain America).

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
                IF Marvel Megos are to be replicated, I hope the urge to "correct" shortcomings will be resisted. (think Captain America).
                Oh Come on! Captain America NEEDS to be corrected. He's one of Mego's biggest fails.
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Cap & Mxy are figures I'd suggest tweaking slightly if reproduced, purist though I am.

Cap really needs just a changed paint deco on the vintage head, red hands, and a slightly modified suit. It doesn't have a major overhaul/resculpt.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Hee hee. I know, I'm an ultra purist. But, it seems to me, if anyone wants to modify it, it's easy enough to do.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

watch we don't get squat! and all our hopes are up for nothing!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        I wouldn't mind a fresh look to the Marvel license, as long as the figures have good sculpts, and aren't utterly goofy looking. Or have the constipated rictus grimace like the Famous Covers black widow.
                        I agree. Extreme facial expressions are for those few characters it works for (i.e. Hulk, Wolverine, and some villains. Open mouth battle cry and full teeth grimace should be avoided on most characters.
                        I'm also concern about the sculpts looking to modern day comic versions and looking silly on the doll body style. There are enough Marvel action figures of current comic style art. It's important not to loose the Mego look by going beyond the style of the product.
                        Alfred and Gordon are IMO pushing compatibility in style with the original WGSH Batman line. They both seem more Adams-Aparo comic style. While some will like them even more because of this, I think in the end, they will only make the original figures look out-dated.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I see what you mean, but DM/Mattel took a lot of heat for aiming at "Mego" sculpts. I agree with you about extreme expressions.

It's a fine line, & subjective, too. I personally think Alfred & Gordon are fine, and FTC will be OK IMO if they stick to a Silver/Bronze aesthetic based upon style guides. Most fans here seem to want a '70s vibe. But I'll bet they'd rather a tuxedoed Zatanna as opposed to a unitard one. etc.

I like Mego Batman & Capt. America, but they are not stellar sculpts per se.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

He's right about those two sculpts. They were kind of 'bleh' compared to that of Superman, or Thor.

I wish that Doc, IF this is the license that he's looking to snare, could do a movie based version of Thor, Loki, etc.

Okay, it's shallow of me; but I'd KILL for an 8" version of either Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston!

I know that it will never happen, considering the beaucoup bucks for the rights to their likenesses, but a girl can dream!

Maybe we can get a Kid!Loki out of the deal; I always did think he was loads cuter than most of the depictions in the comics.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

I don't believe at all it was the sculpts were what sunk the line. The oddly strung body was the main fiasco here if most will recall, and I believe there were internal things going on at Mattel in terms of who was championing the line.

Crimson Ghost/Andy did a terrific job on the ones I saw. I held the removable mask Hawkman sculpt in my hand and it would have been AMAZING.
                              Last edited by samurainoir; Feb 15, '14, 12:56 PM.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
                                I don't believe at all it was the sculpts were what sunk the line. The oddly strung body was the main fiasco here if most will recall, and I believe there were internal things going on at Mattel in terms of who was championing the line.

Crimson Ghost/Andy did a terrific job on the ones I saw. I held the removable mask Hawkman sculpt in my hand and it would have been AMAZING.
                                While I agree that the silly looking bad sculpts weren't the only thing that sunk the line, they were a factor. Also of course, the horrible bodies and extremely poor marketing by Mattel. The original idea was to have these figures on the shelves at Toys R' Us. And we all know how that worked out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎