• jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

The preorder at Amoktime says December

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

This is not a slam or complaint, but just a statement; so the license parameters were such that, yes you can make a Marvel Mego-like (8") figure with one body with a retail price of..... $80. Isn't that a little bit like saying "sure you can.. but good luck with this terrible business model" ?

If thats what they had to work with, then DST and DrMego have at least figured out a way to try and make it work. I mean it is essentially 3 figures for the price, the body is the least important part being generic and readily available anyway. Makes me wonder, could you produce say a Wolverine figure with instead of two extra Wolverine heads and costumes include say a Cylcops head and costume and a Magneto head and costume? Or say a Captain America figure with a Red Skull head and costume and a Buckey head and costume? Or do the combinations have to be limited to three incarnations of the same character?
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
        The one body rule is part of the license parameters. I am trying to put together something with retailers to offer discounts on drmego bodies to make it easier for people
        who might actually OPEN one of these rare collectible commodities.
        Not only will these be opened in my house, but they'll be happily placed into the hands of an eight year old boy. I see toys, not collectables. I'm going to have to buy two bodies before this set arrives, which bites.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
          Hey Doc, when will this beautiful set be available????

BBTS is saying October

Comment

• MEGOMAN
            Defender of the Megoverse
            • Dec 30, 2008

Great thanks! That sounds much better.

Here's the link for BBTS...
            http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...50&mode=retail

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
              Career Member
              • Jul 30, 2012

I like that we're finally getting a comic accurate secret ID Peter Parker and Spidey suit(Ditka era). The webshooters look cool. Wondering if we'll see outfits/heads for black suited Spidey, Scarlet Spider, and Iron Spider ala Action Jackson/Captain Action outfit & accessory sets? Would be great to see something like this for Tony Stark/Iron Man and his various armors.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 20, 2014

Iron Man is the character who works best in this format. So many armors to choose from. I sort of hope EMCE decides not to add the nose in to the repro figure, but I can understand of they do. Still, that leaves two other figures...War Machine? Stealth Armor? Silver Age armor?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎