Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pics 1966 tv batman, robin, joker, riddler!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, so far so good. I hope they tone down on the paint on the Riddler's mouth...I think it's throwing off the likeness. Robin looks a bit..generic, but it may be the paint. Batman looks great, and Joker is fantastic. The costumes look good...like later, upscaled Mego.

EDITED TO ADD: I just took a real close look at Robin's tunic...DANG!!! That looks great! They could have went the Mego route, but it looks like the real deal, which is awesome. And it's the lip paint that's throwing Ward/Robin's likeness off for me too. I'm betting the finished figures lips won't be so prominent.

So, I'm very happy with the look of these!

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Dec 17, '13, 5:06 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• bondtoddbond
      Mego Museum Super Spy
      • Aug 14, 2009

These look great and something new that hasn't been done before. Can't wait to see these in person!
      sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• MeWantMegos
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 4, 2010

I think these look great. Love them. Will absolutely get all 4.

I think future sets have Robin with removable mask.

I love the Joker and Batman. Great Adam West.

I love all these Batman 66 toys.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
          Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
          • Mar 3, 2010

Wow! I think these look phenomenal!!! I really dig the "fuzzy" or "felt" look of the costume fabric. If that is how the costumes are, it will be a very nice welcome addition of Mego-esque figures to my collection... Something a little different, but still extremely cool. I'm in for the whole line...
          Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
            I think it's just the photography plus the fact that these are prototypes...the close up of the Joker headsculpt shown previously looks much better than in this pic. I think the final product will blow us away.
            Exactly right - better pics made a world of difference. Robin does look generic though. That being said I'm definitely in for these!

-Chris

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

those heads look resin to me. Joker looks great. I will pick these up, but passed on the repros. I would have been all over these as a kid.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Rather nice--they'd certainly garner my support over Mattel's stuff.

I don't like the fuzzy cotton used for the bodysuits, though.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brent
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 1, 2004

These look great ill get all of them!!!
                  Rodeway Inn & Suites
                  PO Box 367 MP 16.5
                  Nags Head NC 27959
                  252-441-5242

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Now CTVT is getting my money. They look great, hope that not much is lost from prototype to final figures. I really like the old school look of the fabrics. Can't wait to see Pengy, Catwoman, Freeze, Tut, Egghead and on and on. Love it.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VinMan
                      Career Member Mego Maniac
                      • Sep 6, 2012

Please please please string the bodies a little loser !!!!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

I'm actually not digging the material. Looks like it will pill like nobody's business. But if that's what they go with, it won't deter me.

So the price on BBTS comes out to about $26.25/figure. Wonder what the price on CTVT will be for a set. If it's under $30 I'm happy.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

and I get the impression that Batman's cape has a wire in it for posing.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

That joker is spot on.
                            The batmans cowl eye holes are a bit big otherwise looks good.
                            Robins neck seems a it too long but otherwise looks good.
                            Riddler is the weakest but still looks great.
                            I have the Mattel 66 line and am doing the redo line so I might get batman and robin and possably joker but others not so much.
                            Action Jackson is his name.
                            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

That cotton fabric for the Riddler looks very pill prone. They should switch to a slicker spandex, but since these are only prototypes, I really don't care!

The Riddler sculpt is a bit weak, but they must have lost some detail in the shrinking of the head, as I mentioned earlier. And those shoes have got to GO!

BUT, I'm still going to spend my money on these darlings come April! And DANG, but that seems like a LONG time to wait!
                              JediJaida

Comment

• k2
                                Career Member
                                • Sep 12, 2007

I don't really give a rip about any of the remego stuff (other than the zica BR figs) but these are going to be a must have!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎