X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Old Christmas photos

I have very few toy photos. So, it's almost like a small miracle when I come across any. I came across these two last night.

This is late 80s Christmas. I'm thinking 88? We had cats at the time and couldn't keep them out of the tree. So we put up a small tree in our hobby room and we could shut the door and keep the cats out when we couldn't watch them. You can see a bit of one of our cats in the photo.

You can make out a Tropical Barbie hut, TMNT Knucklehead and a Micronauts set.

This picture is unfortunately in bad shape.

The Barbie bed was actually very cool. I mean, come on, it glowed in the dark. The little figurine by the Christmas Barbie is a ceramic Koala wearing a Santa hat I had painted. I still have it.

Please feel free to share your own Christmas photos.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 15, '13, 3:03 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Very cool picture!

Originally posted by Werewolf
    You can make out a Tropical Barbie hut, TMNT Knucklehead and a Micronauts set.
    Odd... I wouldn't have thought TMNT and Micronauts would have been on the shelves at the same time, would they?

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Very cool, I love how the cat still finds a way into your pic!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
        Odd... I wouldn't have thought TMNT and Micronauts would have been on the shelves at the same time, would they?
        Hmmm, you know I don't remember where my parents got it. Maybe an outlet or liquidator type store? I'm pretty sure it's Giant Acroyear.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
          Very cool, I love how the cat still finds a way into your pic!
          Lol, yeah, our cats were very tricky.

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

This is like the only toy photo I've ever found. Guess my parents weren't fond of taking shots of us with our loot.

I'm the little yellow chubby one, and I actually did play with the main street one alot. Not the house though, I was never one for playing house.

apparently though, this is one toy I really would have liked to take home with me.
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

crissyandme.jpg

This is me and my Ideal Crissy doll, age 4 (or 5).

sharry6.jpg

This is me (age 5) at my grandma's house. Notice the tinsel tree? She hated cleaning up pine needles.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Splitty
                I actually did play with the main street one alot. Not the house though, I was never one for playing house.
                Oh, how cool. My older Sister had that FP house. I had the castle. I loved the pink Dragon that set came with.

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                This is me and my Ideal Crissy doll, age 4 (or 5).
                Neat! I still remember sneaking into my older sisters room when she was at school and playing with her Crissy dolls.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 15, '13, 5:48 PM.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Splitty
                  This is like the only toy photo I've ever found. Guess my parents weren't fond of taking shots of us with our loot.

I'm the little yellow chubby one, and I actually did play with the main street one alot. Not the house though, I was never one for playing house.

apparently though, this is one toy I really would have liked to take home with me.
                  I had that main street set...it's so much cooler than the newer main street sets FP put out...I also had the castle, house boat and I think circus train...my sister had Sesame Street and the hospital.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎