Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Red Hulk
    Career Member
    • Dec 19, 2012

I have a few boxes of 90s Stat Wars as well I got out before Attack Of The Clones.I may just give em to Toys For Tots.

Comment

• Red Hulk
      Career Member
      • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by drquest
      He's going to send his kids to McDonald's on those....
      It better be from the Dollar Menu.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I have a few boxes of 90s Stat Wars as well I got out before Attack Of The Clones.I may just give em to Toys For Tots.
        I've given several boxes worth of packaged 90s figures to various children's charities in the last few years. Feels good, the kids don't care (because they are still "new") and it gets that crap out of my hair!

I need to cull some more...maybe I will over the next little bit for Christmas!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Red Hulk
          Career Member
          • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I've given several boxes worth of packaged 90s figures to various children's charities in the last few years. Feels good, the kids don't care (because they are still "new") and it gets that crap out of my hair!

I need to cull some more...maybe I will over the next little bit for Christmas!

Chris
          Yeah this may be what I'll do with them.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I remember waiting in line for the Phantom Menace figs at TRU. It was a midnight release, and I got there around 1115. There were two people ahead of me that night, and by the time they opened the doors the line wrapped around the building. I walked briskly inside while others falt out ran to these huge bins of 3 3/4 figures and started tearing the place apart. I calmly walked over to the three 12 inch figures, picked up one of each and checked out. I was out the door before the crowd was fully inside. I still hear the screaming of people thinking they were uncovering treasure. I knew what I wanted and bought nothing else. I can't imagine the carnage after I left. Had that been in the digital video age, I bet that video would have rivaled anything we saw this past black Friday at Walmart.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>No offense to those that love it but it only reminds me of the "investment craze".

Me too.... but for me it's good memories. I got TONS of figures and ships for dirt cheap once the bottm fell out. I could finally build the Imperial Army I'd dreamt of since I was a kid.

Unfortunately it reinstated the urge to build the Woman's Day "Outer Space Station;" which I don't have room for.

Don C.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

I have very little of the stuff I bought in the great TRU SW clearance sale of 1998. Kept only a few select itemsI really liked. Mostly kept the figures I bought tho.

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

We had a good time with these when my son went through his Star Wars phase. A friend dumped two big Rubbermaid bins of them at our house when he moved. Every now and then we'd pull a figure from the bin and add it to the army. They have decent play value because they are simple. And basically free at this point...lol
                  This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Red Hulk
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by ctc
                    >No offense to those that love it but it only reminds me of the "investment craze".

Me too.... but for me it's good memories. I got TONS of figures and ships for dirt cheap once the bottm fell out. I could finally build the Imperial Army I'd dreamt of since I was a kid.

Unfortunately it reinstated the urge to build the Woman's Day "Outer Space Station;" which I don't have room for.

Don C.
                    That Outer Space Station was awesome looking to me as a kid,I liked the WGSH city as well.

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>I liked the WGSH city as well

Me too; and it takes up a LOT of space....

Don C.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

I still have my $39.00 Obi-Wan Kenobi 12" action figure in box.

FAO had high prices in 1996-1999.

-but did enjoy seeing the Cantina Band in Caesar's.

Red and green cards seem sold best in larger lots.

A guy at the Star Trek convention prices his 90's Star Wars at $5.00 each.

Comment

• Den82
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

In the shop I sell out of, they bought a ton of Power of the Force 2, Episode 1 and other modern Star Wars. I bought a POTF2 Obi Won and an Attack of the Clone Wars Jango Fett for the Toys for Tots box. I figured it would be good, as SW is still relevant with kids..I THINK.

I'd say this stuff has value to die hard Star Wars figures and kids.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 1, 2009

It's fun to see this thread.

I was a completist until TPM line came out. I had at least one of every figure from 1995 until about 2000. I never thought of them as "investment" material rather I thought they were just just to display and have as a continuation of my vintage set.

Fast forward to earlier this year. . . My eight year old son has some friends with a few figures and ships. He asks me if I would buy him this or that figure and ship. I take him to the attic, where everything ended up after he was born and show him HIS new collection.

I would say that was about six months ago. He is still pulling figues, ships and playsets from the attic (we did it this weekend) as it strikes his fancy.

My massive carded and boxed POTF2 Star Wars Collection is now loose and played with. . . just like my vintage toys. That's not all bad.
                            If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

that's great Allie. I gave most of what I had purchased to my son as well. it was just that after a while he had so much that he did not even look at most of them, I sold a bunch on ebay for a fraction of retail and the rest are sitting in boxes in my closet

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎