X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Any news on the new body?

We are all anxious to hear about the new body!

What do you hear from China?
    JediJaida
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Lies! Lies and more Lies!...

Nah just kidding, it's frustrating for sure though. We are awaiting actual, hard prototypes.. they had to rework some stuff...that's Chinese for bigger Christmas orders take precedence...

Believe you me, as soon as we have something youll be the first to know!

Dave

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Can't wait to see what the prototypes look like! I have to admit, that I'm a smidge anxious to see these babies in reality. It feels like forever since we had an update.
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

did the surveys for what kickstarter people wanted ever go out?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          did the surveys for what kickstarter people wanted ever go out?
          Not yet Joe...

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Here's a quick (and poorly shot) picture we got from the factory today of a tooling sample for the new Type S retro body. We're hoping to have it in hand next week for review and I'll be sure to post some better pictures.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Very nice shot.

But, and I HATE to say this! I LOVED the first version more!!! Simply from an aesthetic point of view.

The old version was BUFFED! Okay, it couldn't bend at the waist, but that was okay with me.

However, this looks like it will sell very nicely; not everyone is looking for a Mr. Universe/Muscle Beach build on a figure.

And why does that head scream 'Matthey MacGonahay' to me? Or however the heck you spell his surname!

The fact that it's not strung together with rubber bands is a big selling point with me.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Legend of Link
                Career Member
                • Jun 12, 2010

That is a beautiful body guys. A home run once again! I'm ready to play with these guys already!

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• piecemaker
                  There's no need to fear..
                  • Jan 26, 2009

The future has arrived! (Well almost) I cant wait to get these,they are going to be Awesome!

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                    Here's a quick (and poorly shot) picture we got from the factory today of a tooling sample for the new Type S retro body. We're hoping to have it in hand next week for review and I'll be sure to post some better pictures.
                    Exciting to see this progressing! Do things still seem "on time" in regards to the original dates from the Kickstarter?

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    But, and I HATE to say this! I LOVED the first version more!!! Simply from an aesthetic point of view. The old version was BUFFED!
                    The old Zica body was great, no doubt... but this one is more compatible in size and build with a vintage Mego body. If you were body swapping one of those FTC repro Batman figures, I think you'd prefer a body like this.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel
                      Exciting to see this progressing! Do things still seem "on time" in regards to the original dates from the Kickstarter?
                      Getting the body done has been the biggest hurdle but once it's approved, which will hopefully be soon, everything else should be on schedule. The tooling for the heads and accessory pieces are finished, so we're almost there!

Originally posted by sprytel
                      The old Zica body was great, no doubt... but this one is more compatible in size and build with a vintage Mego body. If you were body swapping one of those FTC repro Batman figures, I think you'd prefer a body like this.
                      Bingo! That's the main reason we did this body is to offer a high quality replacement that's compatible with what's already available. Plus, we wanted to add our own tweaks and improvements, but nothing that would stray too far from an original Type 2 body.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

Very cool! I am digging that head too!

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Well, now that I look at it some more, it's starting to grow on me.

The BIG selling point, and I know that I'm repeating myself, is NO RUBBER BANDS!!! Those things twist and tangle and just plain BREAK!

That can only be a good thing.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

I think the photos are pretty unflattering, I can't wait to give it a good pose and better angles... I am the harshest critic and I am already diggng it!

Dave

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

So, you might be getting the latest model next week? EXCELLENT!!!!

I can't wait to see how these look in better lighting.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎