X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

1st Doctor Sold out?

Buy Doctor Who First Doctor 8-Inch Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Im not surprised. Been watching a lot on bbc america and theres a lot of hype over the 50th anniversary. Gotta believe the market in the UK is as strong as ever.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

The edition size was pretty low, 550 right?
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

I snagged a first Doctor about a half-hour ago. (Tuesday 7:00 AM EST) There was a flashing "Last One" tag.

Ordered an 11th Doctor figure to qualify for the BOGO 40% off, and a retro Jason Voorhees figure to qualify for free shipping.

$17.59 each for the two Doctors. Not bad.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
          I snagged a first Doctor about a half-hour ago. (Tuesday 7:00 AM EST) There was a flashing "Last One" tag.

Ordered an 11th Doctor figure to qualify for the BOGO 40% off, and a retro Jason Voorhees figure to qualify for free shipping.

$17.59 each for the two Doctors. Not bad.
          My bad luck is your good fortune, I was going to order that last night ( along with an 11th Dr. and the not mint Dalek ) but I didn't know that the discounts and free shipping aren't figures in until the final step of the checkout so I didn't place the order.
          Last edited by Mego Magyar; Nov 26, '13, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• ubermanx
            Career Member
            • Jul 3, 2013

I am really surprised by this as well.

My thoughts were that the Tom Baker 4th Doctor would be the big seller for me but all the William Hartnell 1st Doctor figures I borought in flew right back out quickly. I only have one left for myself and one of the SDCC Lunch Box kits with both Hartnell and Smith.

But crap do I have a lot of Sontarans in stock ...

- Marty

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              The edition size was pretty low, 550 right?
              Wow, I didn't realize that.

That would be the lowest run on any BBP figure wouldn't it? (even the series 2 Lost figures had a run of 1000).

Given that it was the 50th anniversary, and Who fandom is as big as it has ever been, no wonder it sold out. Glad it's still available in the Tin Box set Once stock gets low, EE only sells them in pairs anyways.

Real shame the Sontaran is such a peg-warmer, I think he's one of BBP's best figures. I'm going to use the extras I ordered to make Strax customs. I also found the Vastra head I sculpted at Mego Meet a few years ago with a head from Doc Mego and some craft putty Amy gave me. just have to figure out Jenny flint.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
                Wow, I didn't realize that.

That would be the lowest run on any BBP figure wouldn't it? (even the series 2 Lost figures had a run of 1000).

Given that it was the 50th anniversary, and Who fandom is as big as it has ever been, no wonder it sold out. Glad it's still available in the Tin Box set Once stock gets low, EE only sells them in pairs anyways.

Real shame the Sontaran is such a peg-warmer, I think he's one of BBP's best figures. I'm going to use the extras I ordered to make Strax customs. I also found the Vastra head I sculpted at Mego Meet a few years ago with a head from Doc Mego and some craft putty Amy gave me. just have to figure out Jenny flint.
                I do so want to see these customs.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

I have them in the lunchbox, didn't even realize they'd been released separately. Shows how on the ball I've been, huh?
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

if anyone else is awake, there are two hours or so left in the buy one, get one for 40% off sale. I went a little nuts and bought Daleks and Tardis Playsets. I had to put the brakes on 'cause there is the upcoming Ventures brothers sale this week as well that I was going to dip into.

Buy Doctor Who 1st and 11th Doctor 8-inch Action Figures in Tin Tote - Convention Exclusive at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Comment

• Scary
                      • Feb 17, 2013

(Couldn't find a better place to post this so I shall dump this here)

Picked up the 1st Doctor yesterday in somewhat of a panic-buy. There were only two left where I got them, and even though I like to wait for these figures to come down in price before I snap them up, I paid full price because I know there won't be anymore stock of these on the way now. They also had the 11th Doctor figure there, and I am hoping he doesn't sell out - they did have about 6 or 8 of him though, and at the price point they're being put out at, I have hope he'll stick around.

Sad to see all these figures on the back of the card that won't make it into production now. Like I said before, I was preparing my wallet to buy all of these.

I think he looks great! Unfortunately quite a few of these 1st and 11th Doctors had wonky eyes, but I gladly managed to find one that's pretty decent - the other one at the shop wasn't so good looking.

Anyway, I am definitely really pleased with this figure. The likeness and the clothes look great whilst still maintaining that retro look. Looking at this figure makes me rather sad that we won't get a full line up of Doctors in this scale... I'd love to display all of them in order behind my 5" Doctors line up. Le sigh.

Ah well, I am glad for what we do have. These figures are extremely fun and I'd love to get my hands on more. If any of those prototypes ever make it to eBay somehow, especially those Doctors, I wouldn't mind paying a pretty penny to get my hands on them... But for now, I shall enjoy these figures. And I shall look forward to getting my hands on the figures I still don't have yet (Leela, Sutekh, Scaroth, Dalek and the TARDIS playset with K9). :D

(Yes, the Cybie is missing his chest unit. I've since stuck it back on, but it keeps falling off every few months or so - it just doesn't want to stay on there).

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

Amazon has the first Doctor for $21.70. Free shipping with Prime or with orders totaling at least $35.00.

As of now, there are 62 in-stock.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎