Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk 3rd Wave WGSH!

Let's Talk 3rd Wave WGSH!

Tonight I posted a brand new Blog discussing two issues covered in the book, one of which has been asked about a lot… more than any other topic, in fact.

It's all about the 3d Wave, and it features plenty of Mego goodness, including some never-before-seen photographic love.

Read the blog.

Benjamin
    Last edited by imp; Feb 28, '08 at 2:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuk View Post
    You're such a TEASE !!!
    It warms my heart to know that some of you hard-core nerds stay up late trolling the boards for Mego goodness. I know I'm not alone! I have a fair amount of Mego goodness to announce, but I'll go and edit my first post accordingly. Thanks for reading!

Benjamin
    Last edited by imp; Feb 28, '08 at 2:24 AM.

Great blog, and the 3rd wave was definitely my favorite bunch of WGSH figures I could stare at those carded figures all night long (and probably will!)

It's great to know that even with the most "common" figures like The Hulk, there are still rare variations to hunt down and discover. This hobby never gets tired.

My favorite "wave" also. And, GA is my no.1 WGSH of all time!

Thanks for the low-down.

PS How about a pic of GA on a 1st issue card?

Images
    Definitely awesome stuff! Mego was really starting to hit their stride with that wave...I'm surprised they weren't more popular.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

I know I've said it before Benjamin, but good god your photos are so clean it's amazing. I don't have anything constructive to add to this thread, but just had to say it again!

Will
    Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Blog Entries
    Poor sellers but really the only WGSH wave as a child that I had nearly complete, all but Green Arrow were mine as a kid. Can't say that for any other wave.

Of course, I was also five when it hit, prime time.

Images
    I love this wave. The only 2 I had from here as a kid were Hulk and Falcon and I know they were boxed. I must have "outgrown" toys buy the time the cards were released as I don't ever remember seeing them. I didn't get the others until I started collecting Megos as an adult. I'd love to have a carded Green Arrow. He just looks so awesome on a card.

Makes you wonder why these weren't advertised more heavily.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    Blog Entries
    Cool! That's my carded Green Arrow getting his moment in the sun. Ben took amazing photographs of that one.

Seeing the figures in the 1980 Marvel ad Brian posted reminded me how cruel the Mego cards were. We didn't know that the Goblin and Iron Man and Falcon were cancelled--they were tantalizingly on the cards all the way until the end, but you had no chance of finding them in 1978-1980.
    This profile is no longer active.

A great wave. I forget when I got them but I got them all at the same time. Most likely Christmas. At that time I was into Marvel Comics so this wave was a fantastic addition to my Mego collection. Green Arrow remains one of my most favorite of the WGSH action figures even though I never cared for him in the comic books.