What was Mason Reese famous for?
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Emgee
        • May 5, 2009

In England when THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD went on general release in 1974 across the UK Matchbox worked a deal with the distributors to tie FIGHTING FURIES into the movie. A pile of flyers was at the box-office and given to kids upon arrival and the most amazing store style displays greeted you in the cinema foyer. I remember loving the movie of course but the display being equally as impressive with fake sand and miniature palm tress with multiples of the two figures dressed up in various outfits doing battle. Fantastic memories for me. Still have mine from back then too and THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD paperback book which was "available in the foyer" according to the usherettes who had a copy on their ice-cream trays walking around the cinema aisle. Those were the days
        Last edited by Emgee; Nov 23, '13, 5:29 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Emgee
          In England when THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD went on general release in 1974 across the UK Matchbox worked a deal with the distributors to tie FIGHTING FURIES into the movie. A pile of flyers was at the box-office and given to kids upon arrival and the most amazing store style displays greeted you in the cinema foyer. I remember loving the movie of course but the display being equally as impressive with fake sand and miniature palm tress with multiples of the two figures dressed up in various outfits doing battle. Fantastic memories for me. Still have mine from back then too and THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD paperback book which was "available in the foyer" according to the usherettes who had a copy on their ice-cream trays walking around the cinema aisle. Those were the days
          That is so cool. i hope to track down photos of those some day.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Reese is...odd, but Fighting furies are awesome!

As a kid, I had only the Hook figure & a Captain Blood set; I didn't realize until I got them home that they weren't Mego scale. (I had passed over a Mego Pirate for the cooler FF toys.)

As an adult collector, one of my greatest pleasures has been assembling a complete Fighting Furies pirates collection.

BTW, the Sears Sea Fury ship playset is perfect for Mego's Super-Pirates, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mongoose1983
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2010

Think you're going to like this one

I have in my album the Spanish commercial that was shown here in my country when I was a kid (unfortunately, the date in the video is incorrect).

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
              www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 12, 2016

Listening to that video, his voice could have been one of the Peanuts characters, he sounds like he would have fit right in...
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎