X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Mad Monsters: Wolfman's boots question

Couple of weeks ago, at a vintage toy show, I saw an original Mego of MM Wolfman with black beard boots. The seller claimed that the item was completely original, for he had taken it out of it's original packaging himself.
    Since I've only seen this doll with black work boots, I'm hoping to find more information.
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

no its bull*hit never game with blackbeards boots in all the years ive known

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I've never seen that variant either.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I could understand POTA General boots, but Blackbeard/Klingon boots? Sounds ugly.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

Only way to validate such a strange anomoly is to produce a factory sealed carded example.
          Last edited by hobub; Nov 11, '13, 9:57 PM.

Comment

• HapSlash
            Tribal Witchdoctor
            • Nov 18, 2009

I could see it if the packaging was all mangled, and someone had slipped a "completed" figure inside to try to get more money out of it... but didn't have the right parts for it. That way it would be in the package, but not original. As odd as it seems though... from what I've observed, loose mint seems to go for more than mint in extra crappy package. :P
            ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
            HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• skid14
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 23, 2011

i remember my sisters cousins aunts sunday school teachers sons next door neighbors son got one for christmas in '75 that had wonder woman boots, no lie!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Thanks. The part that trouble me the most was, said seller is knowledgeable and trustworthy. I have no reason to doubt him. Sadly without NRFB/NRFP grade it will be impossible to prove.
                He was asking $125 and sold it, maybe as low as $100, but I'm only guessing. I'll find out when I see the buyer again.
                I kind of liked the Blackbeard boots. Gave him more of an Oliver Reed look.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

It could also be he just has a flawed memory on those events. I once made a similar mistake about my Mego Human Wolfman. I have the original figure from my childhood. But somewhere along the way, I put a string around him to mimic the AHI Wolfman. For whatever reason, I spent years thinking that was a stock representation and anyone without it had a incomplete specimen. So who knows? Maybe he truly believes it, but has his facts messed up. Just for the record, I never took the string off mine after I realized the error. I think he just looks better with it, so I left it as I did as a child.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎