• Show
Clear All
  • josephcardone
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 10, 2010

Robin Hood & Merry Men - Type 2 Price Question

Hi,

Hope everyone is well

Do you think the type 2 versions of the Merry Men would be worth more than the type 1 counterparts??
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

CTVT clones dented the value but I am not sure why other than collectors settling for crap (including brittle plastic accessories/bodies and flimsy rubber heads). That goes for the Knights and Pirates as well and I hope it goes for the WGSH figures. The Mego figure's quality way supercedes anything CTVT has to offer on the line. The T2's are most likely European and probably rarer. But the quality would be easily distinguishable between real mego's and CTVT.
    Last edited by hobub; Nov 8, '13, 4:19 PM.

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

Thanks Len I put together a complete type 1 set (the knifes were very difficult) and thinking about a type 2 - I guess I will have to look on sites in Europe??

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
        • Mar 3, 2010

T2 Robin Hood Mego figures show up on eBay every now and then. Are they worth more than T1? To ME they are, but that's because I dig T2 way more than I dig T1 bodies. I think the quality & poseability is better. Also, I don't know if CTVT dented the value of ANY Mego figures. It's Apples & Oranges in my opinion. I bought some CTVT "Legends" stuff, (Knights, Pirates, Robin Hood etc), to use for parts for some temporary customs that I had fun with, & ill probably sell them soon for someone else to use as parts for customs as well. But the CTVT stuff does not compare with original Mego. They look similar from a distance, but in person, you can easily tell the difference... Anyway, again, just my opinion...
        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• josephcardone
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 10, 2010

I have to say, I liked the CTVT stuff for a while but recently sold most of it off (including Merry Men)

Comment

• josephcardone
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 10, 2010

I won Robin Hood and Will on Ebay for $99.99 each They are both Type 2 and complete. I realized when I was looking at my type 1 set that one of the knifes was a ctvt (oh well)

Thank you for the help on these guys!
            Last edited by josephcardone; Nov 10, '13, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎