Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who. 12, Clara, River, Weeping Angels and the Silence!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cushing
    • Jan 5, 2013

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
    "3) I wondered about this as well. I look at the prototype for the older Doctor in the display and see how he came out and have to wonder if fans were a little let down? The head in the prototype looked great but not so great on the finished product. Just from the pictures I have seen, and not by having the figure in hand, myself.
    I just happened to receive my 1st Doctor figure today and I have to say it's one of the best sculpts I've seen. And this is coming from someone who's been collecting Who figures for the past 30 years. My only criticism would be the paint job with the hair. Mine's not too bad, but I have seen some where it's been applied a little too liberally. Also, I would have to say that the figures are not very photogenic but they do actually look amazing in hand.
    Now I just wish I could get a cloak and furry hat for my figure

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Cushing
      I just happened to receive my 1st Doctor figure today and I have to say it's one of the best sculpts I've seen. And this is coming from someone who's been collecting Who figures for the past 30 years. My only criticism would be the paint job with the hair. Mine's not too bad, but I have seen some where it's been applied a little too liberally. Also, I would have to say that the figures are not very photogenic but they do actually look amazing in hand.
      Now I just wish I could get a cloak and furry hat for my figure
      That is great to hear. My bad. I did also notice that someone posted on the EE site that the Doctor looked a lot better in person than he was shown in the pictures. Brilliant.

Comment

• Scousebadger
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2, 2012

The only gripe I have, apart from figures I wanted being cancelled (Cyberman! Strax!) is the molded hair. It makes female figures (and the 4th Doctor), VERY top-heavy and bobble-headed. Any chance of rooted hair heads instead?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I think that Hartnell looks absolutely great, there's little I would change.
          I'm not a big fan of the big velcro patches to close jackets and such (give me some old style snaps, please), but if the following figures are of the same quality as Hartnell, keep them coming!
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I'm also going to give two thumbs up over the Hartnell and Smith, they exceed my expectations.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

WhoFigures.jpg
              Here are the 5 that I have so far. I'll have to say that I am really impressed. I am really looking forward to adding whatever Doctors come out as this series progresses. I have pre-ordered a Dalek and I would also love to see what additional figures come out.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

I would hope all those listed earlier would come out at some point. They just need to time things better. Matt Smith's 11th Doctor with Amy and 2 Aliens should have come out 18 months ago, right after the 4th Doctor set. Keep a Doctor/Alien , Companion/Alien sets so there's more interest in these than 2 Aliens at a time.

I've been waiting for the Daleks for what a year now. Nothing kills a line like delays and unfulfilled expectations.
                Last edited by bobws; Nov 14, '13, 2:35 AM. Reason: more
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• THE FALCON
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 2, 2011

I want them all!

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                    If even the set of Modern Cyberman and Ice Warrior were canceled due to "not enough orders", I'm worried.
                    Which modern Cyberman? The new ones from Nightmare in Silver or the Tennant era ones from Age of Steel? Seems if one style got cancelled they could try again with the other one. Either way it's probably a tough figure to make. All modern Cybermen have hard-shell armor-not onesies pj's for costumes.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

Any thoughts on what is in store for the Dr Who line in 2014?

I'm hoping for more Doctors. Plus I'd love to see the Silence, Weeping Angels and maybe the Ood. They seem to have jumped into a lot of episodes as well as spanning several Doctors.

I hope the Doctor Who line has rounded the bend to where there is a good base of customers who want to build on their collections like me.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

My dream is an army of Daleks in multiple colours. With Davros.

also Cybermen of different eras.

I also had really high hopes for the contemporary supporting characters...

Strax, Vastra and Jenny.
                        Roman Centurian Rory.
                        River in Astronaut suit.

I'd take these over the rest of the Classic Doctors with the exception of Peter Davidson and Anthony Ainley's Master.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• nobody
                          banjo!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Did anyone else get a cyber leader without the black on the head or was it just me?

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by megoknight
                            Did anyone else get a cyber leader without the black on the head or was it just me?
                            let's see a pic!!!
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• nobody
                              banjo!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

Wish I hadn't uncarded him.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

Awesome. My Cyberleader's hip exploded right out of the card! Real pain in the butt to try and get his costume off too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎