Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who. 12, Clara, River, Weeping Angels and the Silence!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Doctor Who. 12, Clara, River, Weeping Angels and the Silence!

Cool that they are getting ahead of the curve with the 12th Doctor even before an episode has been aired featuring him.
    doctor who, bbc, peter capaldi, jenna coleman, steven moffat, listen, tardis, samuel anderson, flatline, the forest of the night, whovian, michelle gomez, the caretaker, matt smith, dr who, dark water, the magician's apprentice, danny pink, clara oswald, kill the moon, mummy on the orient express, last christmas, into the dalek, missy, death in heaven

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

It looks like it's going to be the best sculpt in the series so far.
    I think that, because it's an older Doctor, he's going to have very modern clothing. And no, I don't mean sweatpants...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

The sculpt looks GREAT! I'll definitely add him to the collection.
      Not sure about Clara, but I'll also pick up River, a Weeping Angel and the Silence! This series keeps impressing me!

Still hoping we see #10 and the other Doctors soon.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

THAT is a nice sculpt!

I just hope that if they release Clara, they give her REAL hair, and not that molded malarkey!!!

I'd also like to see them release the 6th Doctor. God only knows how they will do that coat of his. Probably by inkjet fabric printer.
        JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

OOK! I just noticed the 11th Doctor's card art... RORY! (i'm hoping they give him a Centurian outfit).

Buy Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor 8-Inch Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

I'm kind of squinting to see the card art on the 1st Doctor to see if there is anyone new...
          Buy Doctor Who First Doctor 8-Inch Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

okay, I'm obviously waaaay behind on what's coming out...

Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 8, '13, 8:06 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

okay, i definitely need to start paying better attention...

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
              Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
              • Mar 3, 2010

I really like the 10th Doctor, David Tennant, and all the aliens shown here. The new sculpt of the 12th Doctor looks cool; Hopefully he'll be a good popular Doctor, and hopefully there will be some great episodes for him. I'm looking forward to picking up the 10th Doctor figure, & some more aliens, (Eldrad, Kraal & Magnus Greel) sometime soon.
              Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Well, judging from the latest info, some of these were in pre-order but didn't get enough orders and were canceled, like Eldrad? Or am I just confused...
                Anyway, there are plenty more here that are looking pretty cool, so BBP will be back on track soon. I'm hoping Kraal still makes it, cool looking figure.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jonwes
                  Museum Patron
                  • Nov 17, 2011

Here's everything that was cancelled. I'm still hoping some of these come back in some form some day. Eldrad, for instance, was just perfect!

BBP12050F, Doctor Who Kraal and Magnus Greel 8-Inch Action Figures Case, Cancelled
                  BBP12050I, Doctor Who Amy Pond and Rory 8-Inch Figure Case, Cancelled
                  BBP12050H, Doctor Who Eldrad and Anti-Man 8-Inch Action Figure Case, Cancelled
                  BBP12050G, Doctor Who Modern Cyberman & Ice Warrior 8-inch Figures, Cancelled
                  BBP12050J, Doctor Who River Song & The Silence 8-Inch Figures Case, Cancelled
                  BBP12050K, Doctor Who Strax & Weeping Angel 8-Inch Action Figures Case, Cancelled
                  BBP12004A, Doctor Who Genesis Dalek Bobble Head Case, CANCELLED

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

If even the set of Modern Cyberman and Ice Warrior were canceled due to "not enough orders", I'm worried.

And I didn't even know these had been offered in the first place. I would have thought these would be very popular...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

What's working against this line--the character choices or the license in general? They seem well-made...

Will Wen Chang be made?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

To my knowledge, most of these never made it to pre-order, at least not on Entertainment Earth! I would definitely have ordered several of these sets.

BBP12050G, Doctor Who Modern Cyberman & Ice Warrior 8-inch Figures, Cancelled
                        BBP12050J, Doctor Who River Song & The Silence 8-Inch Figures Case, Cancelled
                        BBP12050K, Doctor Who Strax & Weeping Angel 8-Inch Action Figures Case, Cancelled

If this is true, it is very disappointing!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, that's what I thought.
                          I would have been all over Cybermen and Ice Warriors. Strax as well.
                          I guess they were planned, but not pre-ordered.

Comment

• jonwes
                            Museum Patron
                            • Nov 17, 2011

Here's what Jason had to say on Gallifrey Base. I think it helps clarify things, a bit. Many of these were offered to retailers but were not actually made public as pre-orders.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, support and feedback. We always find it interesting to read complaints that appear to be common, yet we've never heard them. So let me address a few more issues.

1) Regarding the MAP pricing - we are in the process of revising this policy. The original goal is that everyone is on an even playing field when an item is first released. MAP is not intended for "older" items.

2) Needing "Large Pre-Orders" from us is incorrect. Our official distributor in the U.S. - EE Distribution has a single case pack minimum order, with no minimum dollar order. We need roughly (on average) about 2,000 pieces per item / character to bring something to market. That's it. This is a worldwide number. We do not dictate how any customer orders, or what their order should be. We feel this is a very reasonable number to reach - especially when spread out among thousands of accounts around the world. This has been an easy number to reach for the majority of items we've announced. But guess what? If something doesn't make it to market, it's generally due to lack of market demand. We will certainly take the blame for some of that lack of demand - we believe that our products can improve. But overall, having brought hundreds of successful items to market (and many more to come) leaves us with the reality that some items are just not wanted today- and that's fine. But this is the cause of some of our delays or cancellations.

3) The other cause of delays (or cancellations) relates to the very high standards that the BBC has in terms of ethical policy and factory compliance. We not only agree with their policy, but also wholeheartedly devote resources to this process. When factories not owned by us are ready to make our products - but can't because they don't adhere to certain standards, those products are delayed or cancelled. The factories are to be blamed here - we absolutely have no control or ability to "force" factories to comply with certain standards. Our recourse is to not do business with them and search for other factories willing to go through this process. This can delay items many months or years. And if a key event such as the 50th Anniversary is happening now, we believe that little demand will exist for "new" 50th Anniversary products six to nine months from now - and thus the reason for other cancellations.

4) Regarding high-shipping costs, EE Distribution doesn't mandate any customer use a particular carrier. We encourage our clients to use whatever carrier they wish (and find the lowest cost carrier). Complaining about shipping costs is fine - and we are listening - but we are unsure how we can address this, and how this is a valid complaint about our company. We want lower shipping costs too!

5) The character lists mentioned in this thread are indeed accurate from a business-to-business point of view. The majority of these are private listings shown at San Diego Comic-Con or New York Toy Fair. Our strategy has been to share these with our partners - but to generally not offer these to consumers until there is a high degree of certainty that they will be released. The fact that retailers come on these boards and post these lists are fine - it's just that we haven't publicly and officially done so (for some of these) via our official channel in the United States - EntertainmentEarth.com.

I hope that helps a tad more. Happy to continue this conversation.

Regards,
                            Jason Labowitz

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

"3) The other cause of delays (or cancellations) relates to the very high standards that the BBC has in terms of ethical policy and factory compliance. We not only agree with their policy, but also wholeheartedly devote resources to this process. When factories not owned by us are ready to make our products - but can't because they don't adhere to certain standards, those products are delayed or cancelled. The factories are to be blamed here - we absolutely have no control or ability to "force" factories to comply with certain standards. Our recourse is to not do business with them and search for other factories willing to go through this process. This can delay items many months or years. And if a key event such as the 50th Anniversary is happening now, we believe that little demand will exist for "new" 50th Anniversary products six to nine months from now - and thus the reason for other cancellations."

I wondered about this as well. I look at the prototype for the older Doctor in the display and see how he came out and have to wonder if fans were a little let down? The head in the prototype looked great but not so great on the finished product. Just from the pictures I have seen, and not by having the figure in hand, myself.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎