X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Spider-Man Strikes Again

Another entry in the Superhero Mall Appearances gallery, this one shows children treating Spidey like he's the beatles in 1965(!)
    Got a vintage mall appearance photo from back in the day you'd like to share? Drop me a line!
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

"Maybe if I dress up as Spider-Man, these dang Indian kids will leave me alone."
    -Indiana Jones after the credits of TEMPLE OF DOOM had rolled
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• monkey tennis
      "Kiss my face."
      • Jun 8, 2007

He seems to have done more shopping than crime fighting.
      Your Friendly Neighbourhood Shopping-Man.
      I saw Mr. Bump promoting the Mr. Men books in Woolworths once, not quite the same though.
      "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

In about 1980,.. give or take a few yrs,.. My Dad & Mom took me to the mall to get my picture taken with Spiderman,... & then the Hulk. I have the pictures somewheres,.. or my parents do. The pictures are similar to the Santa Claus Pic's we do with our kids today. Spiderman looked alot like he does in that pic,.. if not the same. My Brother was terified of the Hulk, & refused to get his pic taken with him,.. he was around 2 I believe.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I'd love to see those if you ever dig em up Jason.

The whole reason I started this section was due to the fact that I met Spider-Man, Hulk and Cap at Woolco back in the day. I remember it well, there were displays of Mego heroes and treasury editions (still have mine autographed) but my mother exposed the film!

I'm going to track down another kid who was there if it kills me, I know one other guy who was there but his first comments to me were "You don't have any pictures do you?" sigh.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
            Museum Super Collector
            • May 18, 2007

Back in the late 70's when the Spiderman TV show was on in prime time, they used to have Spiderman appearances at stuff all the time. It was so easy to stick a guy in that suite that thye couldn't pass it up. I never saw him at a store but he appeared at both Wild Waters and Six Gun Territory theme parks near where I lived. I will never forget kids running up to Spiderman and ask him to spin webs or if he wanted to fight! I left my web-shooters at home or Spiderman only fights bad guys was his rehersed response!
            - Sweep

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

I remember going to see a Spiderman in the 80's at a mall...Good times

anyone else thinks those kids hands are getting awfully low
              Hey kids don't grab that
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Great pic! I found my official autograph sheet from Hills that was signed by Spidey and the Green Goblin back in 1980. It's not a pic, but would you like a scan Brian? It's got cool artwork of Spidey, Cap, Green Goblin, and a roughly drawn ROM, the Space Knight!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Great pic! I found my official autograph sheet from Hills that was signed by Spidey and the Green Goblin back in 1980. It's not a pic, but would you like a scan Brian? It's got cool artwork of Spidey, Cap, Green Goblin, and a roughly drawn ROM, the Space Knight!

Chris
                  Oh hell yeah, I love that kind of stuff.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

The guy in the Spidey suit is more than likely thinking to himself "why can't this be their hot moms pawing me like this?"

Comment

• RG
                      Removed.
                      • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      The guy in the Spidey suit is more than likely thinking to himself "why can't this be their hot moms pawing me like this?"

That and ... Thank goodness they're not any shorter than they already are

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I'd love to see those if you ever dig em up Jason.

The Hunt has begun,.. been at it for a while now,.. I'ts all I can think about since seeing this thread..., but the Quest has to continue at me Parents House.., It has ended at mine, with no pics .
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎