Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE Phantom of the Opera...toy perfection.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimm
    • Dec 16, 2007

Who else wants Mr Hyde?

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by drmego
      SOCKS???? YOU WANT SOCKS!!!! Brian Leitner made the suit. My assistant Carolyn did the cloak and the awesome paint job.
      And all you guys can talk about is the lack of socks?!!!!!

Did Clark Kent have socks? Suddenly I have to sit and sewn tiny little socks for the scary monsters!!!

The Bride of Frankenstein didn't have any shoes but nobody minded that!

Fine. I'll start including socks with every figure from now on. Happy?
      Yes. No self respecting patron of the fine arts like Erik would attend such a formal gathering as the Opera sockless.

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

Forget the socks, give the Phantom underwear before it's too late!

SOCKS???? YOU WANT SOCKS!!!! Brian Leitner made the suit. My assistant Carolyn did the cloak and the awesome paint job.

Did Clark Kent have socks? Suddenly I have to sit and sewn tiny little socks for the scary monsters!!!

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I'll start including socks with every figure from now on. Happy?
          But not if EMCE releases another Creature, right?
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

It was my one quibble with the figure, Dracula had socks. It bugs me when I can see that the Phantom is going Don Johnson style. It kind of cheeses an otherwise perfect figure. Like Drac and the Bride's lack of unique hands as the rest of the line had. Of course Clark Kent had no socks, it was a cheap little toy compared to the Universal line that was as close as Sideshow we will get in this scale.

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

You kinda restarted this mess awhile ago Dad, don't have a stroke.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

The Phantom needs boxers to finish off his detail. No briefs! Of course that could explain his expression if briefs were selected. But seriously Paul, you guys did a perfect job on this line. First class all the way. Not a thing to change on anything. I tip my hat to you sir.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

my only complaint is Diamond killed this line.
                  EMCE Monsters were done perfectly.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by noelani72
                    my only complaint is Diamond killed this line.
                    EMCE Monsters were done perfectly.
                    My only complaint is Lugosi not playing nice with the licensing. It sucks to have a full roster of actors likenesses...Chaney Sr., Chaney Jr., Karloff, Strange, Lanchester, and then a generic Dracula.

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      My only complaint is Lugosi not playing nice with the licensing. It sucks to have a full roster of actors likenesses...Chaney Sr., Chaney Jr., Karloff, Strange, Lanchester, and then a generic Dracula.
                      yea, that was kind of a bummer, but that's their loss. Had they stepped up and played ball, the line would have been iconic instead of perfect lol

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

The lack of Lugosi likeness pushes all my monster kid buttons and I actually prefer generic Dracula, just like AHI, Mego, Remco and Lincoln did. I know i'm the exception, not the norm but I'm totally down with this.

Flatt World Draculas are abundant and cheap and fill any void in this line IMO.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

You know, I like the "generic" looking Drac a lot. Kind of reminds me of old Famous Monsters covers.
                          The only thing I found slightly odd about him, was that the red fabric of the collar was on the outside, while the rest of the cape had the red on the inside.
                          But that's just a detail, EMCE Monsters still score 9.5/10 in my book.
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                            Formerly known as Del
                            • Dec 12, 2004

Can I apply for a job as a professional tiny sock maker? I would be totally qualified for that.
                            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Wow... looks like EE is selling the set for thirty bucks?
                              Buy Universal Monsters Retro Cloth Series 4 Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

we're also fortunate enough to live in a custom figure culture where a pair of mego size socks can be purchased for a buck or two easily.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Bizarro Amy
                                Can I apply for a job as a professional tiny sock maker? I would be totally qualified for that.
                                Phantom Sock Maker would be a really cool job description.
                                You would knit them, right?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎