Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

I have to admitt I am getting more and more bitter about it myself... Let me see what I can find out...

Dave

Comment

• e
      • Mar 8, 2010

Much appreciated.

I certainly don't wish hard times or trouble on anyone. But at this point, I just want to either end up with the toy or my money back.

Comment

• e
        • Mar 8, 2010

All right, I am past my point of understanding and patience.

Anyone interested in putting together a group communication, or is calling his phone number the best bet?

Comment

• jprah
          • Oct 29, 2003

I'm still waiting on 2 of them . . .

Comment

• e
            • Mar 8, 2010

Bumping again. Hoping for this to be something other than thievery.

Any news? Dave?

Comment

• jprah
              • Oct 29, 2003

I sent an email this weekend - pleading with patience to get some sort of correspondence and ........ No luck.

Comment

• e
                • Mar 8, 2010

I certainly hesitate to let my frustration get ahead of me, as real-life financial and medical difficulties are more important than toys. I try to keep that in mind, since I do not know anything about Michael's situation.

But it's very hard to keep that in focus after this long. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. Yet I can't imagine that someone with ties to this community would take that much money from that many members, deliver a product markedly different from the one plainly advertised, and then fail to deliver any product at all in other situations.

I do hope all is well with Michael, but I sharply regret ever sending him money in good faith, and trusting that he would honor that support. It is only my non-confrontational manner that has kept me from calling the number he included in his initial e-mail.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by e
                  It is only my non-confrontational manner that has kept me from calling the number he included in his initial e-mail.
                  He volunteered the number. If you still don't have your stuff, then by all means, you should call.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

I"m still waiting.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I've read this whole thread and it just reeks scam. Mike Hertz certainly sounds like a person who needs some MORE hard times to come his way. This may be a hobby, but it's also a business transaction. And I never let the hobby aspect of it get in the way of the perspective that I'm paying for goods. This really puts a blemish on the smaller markets that depend on the good will of consumers to sell product. And this fella took advantage of the good will of many good names in this business to pocket money. I hope anyone who got stiffed sues this guy and places as much anguish on him as he surely has done blowing off those who entrusted him with their money. Hard times? Yeah...If I were one of these folks, I would already have a number of legal actions against him, his site, and his standing in this business circle. Give him all the hard times he can swallow. Sounds like he wants it. Why be shy?

Comment

• e
                        • Mar 8, 2010

here is an update in case it helps anyone.

i spoke with michael on the phone a couple weeks ago. he was very nice and apologized up and down for the delays. and he owned up to the lack of communication. he promised me that the parts he had been waiting for had finally come in, and that he would begin to ship the figures withing a few days.

needless to say, that didn't happen, and i have received no replies.

there are two matters at play here. one is that the delivered product was notably different than what was advertised. the other, of course, is the shifty and fraudulent nature of the transaction.

if anyone here is in the same boat and would like to discuss legal action, please PM me.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

I'm thankful I wasn't involved in this scheme. I did want to order the figure though! Had I done so I would have been burned twice on this board as a newbie screwed me (and several others) out of Round Two Captain Action items sometime back in 2013, I think.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

Yeah no matter what he had going on, if he was unable to produce the product... he owes refunds.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

my spider senses were tingling on this deal and got my refund from paypal.
                              Last edited by starsky; Dec 13, '14, 5:50 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
                                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                                • Nov 27, 2006

wow this sucks
                                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎