FX Show Greatest American Hero available

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silentj76
    • Aug 25, 2009

I also got the shipping notification with tracking number. I know one thing if I finally receive this figure I will never deal with Mike Herz again. The lack of communication through this whole ordeal was just not a good way to handle business. I only ordered one figure and I hope that things work out for the good for the people that ordered multiple figures. I will post again when mine arrives.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

This new one doesn't lok that bad to me. But it the differences do stand out.[/QUOTE]

So the old one had like a nylon rope tubing stuff and the new one just has white tape?
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• greenguy
        • Dec 30, 2013

Mine arrived today. The tape is off of one foot, other than that everything is okay with the figure.

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by jayraytee
          So the old one had like a nylon rope tubing stuff and the new one just has white tape?
          Seems to be the case.

Comment

• silentj76
            • Aug 25, 2009

I received mine today and all the tape was fine. The chest emblem was a bit misplaced but I peeled it off and put back on straight. I am pleased with the figure, and this one is way more affordable than the original release. I also got a letter with the figure offering a 20% discount with any future purchases through the website. I am happy to finally add this figure to my collection, but it sure was a long wait since sending the payment in October. I don't think I will be making any future purchases from Mike Herz because of the lack of communication at the beginning of this situation. I am just glad to have the figure in hand. It's good to know that everyone is starting to get their orders finally. Best of luck to all.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

I also got my figure ,i hate the tape bit,had to stick them back on the feet ,i added a foot tray to the castaway clamshell to keep the figure
              in place,that will help so the tape doesnt come off,good thing i saved those trays from my loose bif bang figures .I thank Mike herz for the letter.
              i think hes just a victim of circumstances ,however if there are 20.000 of these made ,why did this cost so much?.i bought the Dukes from figures
              toy company ,the shipping box has printing that says 313 0f 666 ,which means about 1.998 of each figure ,$99.00 a set,not counting shipping,so
              why was this figure $70,with cheap tape no less ?.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by tllgn
                however if there are 20.000 of these made ,why did this cost so much?..
                That is a fantastic question. I didn't know the run was that high. Can we get that confirmed? Honestly I'd be really surprised if it was that large an amount produced. But if that is the case then the price is most certainly outrageous.

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

^^thats whats printed on the card back.

Comment

• KLAATU
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 3, 2009

^^thats whats printed on the card back.
                    I think that is referring to the limited edition DVD set from Anchor Bay, not this action figure.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

^^ ok ,my bad ,although its confusing ,after checking a bit it seems that the figure was issued in 87 at 500 copies with stiching,100-alter -ego ,and
                      now 250 of the cheap tape one,i never knew the dvds were numbered.

Comment

• greenguy
                        • Dec 30, 2013

^^
                        i never knew the dvds were numbered.
                        Just the limited edition from Anchor Bay was numbered as KLAATU stated above. Not the single season sets.

It's the version with the tin box that contains a cape and a prop replica of the instruction book.

Comment

• RobTMego
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 15, 2013

I also finally got mine, phew, what a long wait. I am pleased except the cheap tape ( not art piece qualitity as he said), this is coming off after shipping. but atleast after 6 months of not knowing for sure I got riped offed,It is finally over. No I will never ever buy from Mike Herz regardless of how rare or cool the figure might be again!! so glad to be done with the no communication, not knowing, lack of response nonsense..........

Comment

• MEMEGO
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 6, 2007

sad that this figure took so long and is a disappointment, I am glad I did not buy one.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

Wish the head was available I'd make my own costume.
                              Glad they are arriving.
                              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• e
                                • Mar 8, 2010

has anyone had any successful communication with Michael?

i contacted him and asked that he send a refund instead of my second figure because i was displeased with the quality of the figure for the price. he wrote back rather quickly, just asking what i thought was wrong with it.

i explained the difference in what was advertised vs what was produced (mainly the piping vs tape issue), mentioned that i was happy to keep the one, but would prefer a refund on the second.

no response since then, and i've sent a follow-up email as well.

is anyone successfully communicating with this guy? it's very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎