X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

RI Comic Con mini Meet.

Several of us will be attending the RI Comic Con on the 2nd and 3rd of November. If any other members are going let me know. We'll probably do dinner after the show on Saturday and maybe Sunday too.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

I will be there saturday.

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

do you have the addy? i'll punch it up in the gps and see if it makes sense
      Thanks
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

I'll be there Saturday, Probably Sunday too.

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Going to try to go Saturday and stay over night. Won't know for sure until Oct 25th when I get paid. I've been burning through money lately like I have it.

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Vinny0026
            do you have the addy? i'll punch it up in the gps and see if it makes sense
            Thanks
            Rhode Island Convention Center
            1 Sabin St Providence RI 02903

I would say about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

If you and Mike want to come down let me know and I'll find rooms outside the area. The convention center is right in Providence downtown but you can stay 10-15 minutes away for less.
            Last edited by megocrazy; Oct 17, '13, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

The timing doesn't look like it's going work out for me. It's my own fault, earlier this month I took an overnight trip I didn't really have to and went through a bunch of "fun" money. Had I remembered this I wouldn't have gone. I'm also have a con in the area I'm going to to tomorrow and back to back weekend cons are tough when they fall into the same time period that I pay the monthly bills. Still a small chance, but right now the outlook is bleak.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

If not, there's always next year. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere. It's expanded 300% from last year, and sold out again. I know the guy that promotes it, and he's not afraid to spend money to make it bigger. He's already got a 50+ waiting list for vendors, so I expect next year it will be even bigger. If he got another room, it may be bigger than expected this year. Nice to have a show with some clout back in the area.

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

It was a great time .

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Yes it was. The shooting at LAX kept Anthony Michael Hall from attending and cut Julie Newmar down to one day but pretty much everything else went as planned. Many were a little ticked over Adam West. Seems his agent showed up on Sunday morning and upped his auto fee to $80 from $60. Since the show has no call in it they had to charge it. People still paid it too. I haven't seen the 2 day numbers but I know they were at 23000, 2000 over last year at 2pm Saturday, so Sunday was all gravy as far as the attendance count. Great to see it expand and still hold up. Can't wait to see what happens next year. I think I'll get a booth. There was a lot of toys as well as a good amount of comics. I got a couple of deals, but comics seemed to be moving pretty well. Photos and clothing were also popular as well as posters.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎