• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Sorry, inbox is cleared now.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

More crazy speculation...

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...nst-jl-villain

I liked Man of Steel and hoped the sequel would be even better, but boy it seems like they're flying by the seat of their pants if all of this report is true.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Wow, if everything is true then that sounds interesting. It is either going to be very cool or seem very forced.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

If that report is true, sure sounds like its WB making the decisions, not directors or writers. This might end up being a big mess with execs in the mix.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Sounds like a script still getting flushed out or the source is not completely in the know. For me, I'm more curious to see the treatment on Batman/Bruce Wayne. So I'm pretty much going to withhold any feelings about the project until I see some teaser trailers.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I'm a HUGE Hal Jordan fan. He is GL to me. The others are just second stringers, but if Denzel takes this part, I'm all for John Stewart being in the Man of Steel sequel/ JLA prequel.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=92125

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Denzel is too old for the role.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

All these superheroes in Man of Steel 2...heck...they should just go ahead and rename it Justice League of America already, lol.

Oh, wait...with all this PC hysteria going on now...it's just going to be called just Justice league...or Justice league of the World...lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                    All these superheroes in Man of Steel 2...heck...they should just go ahead and rename it Justice League of America already, lol.

Oh, wait...with all this PC hysteria going on now...it's just going to be called just Justice league...or Justice league of the World...lol.
                    So true Hector...so true!
                    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Just Read the guy starring in the new Hercules flick was brought in to audition for Batman. I have nary a clue who this dude is until now, but damn if this sumabtch didn't fit the mold to a tee. Maybe he can't act to save his life, maybe he looks too similar to Cavill, but holy crap he would've made Bale look as archaic as Begins made Keaton did upon release.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Have to add that after playing Origins and Injustice with family several times, they could've used a guy who can move like a game character. If you haven't seen the video segments from Origins, you have to watch them on YouTube. They're insanely amazing and create a standard that is going to be really hard for another Batman movie to match.
                      Last edited by hedrap; Jan 5, '14, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

^That Adkins guy had been mentioned in other threads and no doubt, he looks the part and moves the part, particularly if WB opted to move away from the rubber suit and go with something more flexible. Name recognition and acting, as you pointed out, probably kept him out contention, but dang it would be cool to see a movie where Batman moves similarly to the way it's depicted in the comics.

The movies depict him as a guy with gadgets and armor, but that's not really Batman to me.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

About Adkins being a better Batman than Bale, come on...for one thing, Adkins is a HORRIBLE actor, I've seen him on low budget martial arts flick, and he's horrid.

Bale is a damn good professional A-list actor...Adkins is a martial artist and stunt double...who...is best known for cheesy low-budget movies.

The key for the right actor to be Batman...is to be a damn bloody good actor to pull off the role of Bruce Wayne, that's where Adkins would fall on his face.

He'd be a good stunt double for Batman (he does have the look), no doubt. But for the actual role? No way, he couldn't play Bruce Wayne (without the audience laughing out loud) even if his life depended on it.

I was one of the biggest Affleck as Batman critics/haters, but after this Adkins talk, Affleck as Batman is not looking so bad after all, lol.
                          Last edited by Hector; Jan 6, '14, 2:15 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

If you get Scott Adkins as Batman, then you better get Tony Jaa as Robin, and make it a Brothers Shaw Hong Kong martial arts flick, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

BTW, Adkins is NOT playing Hercules, he's playing King Amphitryon.

This is the actor (he played a muscled bound vampire in Twilight) playing Hercules...

Last edited by Hector; Jan 6, '14, 2:18 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

If you don't want actors anymore...

Randy Orton as Superman
                                C M Punk as Batman
                                John Cena as Captain America
                                Sin Cara as Spider Man
                                Alberto del Rio as the new Cesar Romero Joker...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎