Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Seems like the semi-retired comment might be correct based on the 'tired/weary' description. It could also tie into him controlling drones from the Batcave, and Superman's appearance draws him out:

Ben Affleck: Initially I was reluctant as I felt I didn’t fit the traditional mold but once Zack showed me the concept, and that it would be both different from the great movies that Chris and Christian made but still in keeping with tradition I was excited. Doing something different and new is always tricky and part of the thrill and the risk is that initially it confounds expectations. The truth is, it’s the movie and the execution of it is what all the actors depend on and I believe in Zack’s vision.

Al Norton: Warner Brothers CEO Kevin Tsujihara recently said that this version of Batman would be “tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for awhile”…Is that how you envisioned him as well and what would you add to the description on the Bruce Wayne side of things?

Ben Affleck: Yes, Kevin described it aptly. I don’t want to go further because I want to be able to capitalize on what is new about this iteration by having it be a surprise to the audience.

Al Norton: Who was your favorite Batman?

Ben Affleck: It has been done very well many times before.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Kent Farm is being rebuilt:

sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

Strange rumors flying around about casting and characters, which I suppose is typical at this stage of pre-production. Firstly, they are looking at a couple of black actors to portray Lex Luthor. Idris Elba and Denzel Washington are targets but unlikely. How charming/menacing/arrogant could Denzel be in this role? I think that would be brilliant casting myself, but it won't happen. There are also supposedly two villains, both from Superman's gallery. Everyone is guessing Lex and Metallo. I can't think of a way to introduce Metallo if we haven't even discovered kryptonite yet. My guess is Lex somehow got ahold of Zod's/Kal's DNA from the mega-fight and will try to replicate his own alien and end up creating Bizarro. With all of that Kryptonian tech laying around, there's lots of possibilities, maybe even Braniac.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I thought Doomsday has been mentioned. Would be a good reason to get Batman out of the cave if Supes is getting his *** handed to him by DDay. Maybe Bats and WW show up to help?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• May 21, 2011

^^ That is a great reason for both of them to show up. Though I would save Doomsday for a third film, I could see that scenario happening.
            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I've read Doomsday, too. but the Death of Superman at this stage of his career would mean nothing. Most would say good riddance after the number he and Zod did on Smallville and Metropolis.

Of course Doomsday doesn't have to kill him, but that would kinda ruin the character for the future. I know DC has used Doomsday since Death of Superman, but each time the character's impact has been watered down.

To me Doomsday should be saved until they have exhausted all other options.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

he doesn't have to die, just get the crap kicked out of him, maybe leading to the JLA formation.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

Joe, I said as much in my post, but the only thing special about Doomsday is that it appeared that he killed Superman in their first fight. Any other powerhouse from Bizzaro, Mongul, Galactic Golem, Metallo, Darkside, Kalibak, Desparo, Amazo could beat down Superman and have the other heroes rally to his side. My opinion is Doomsday should be held off for a while, but WB probably wants to get Doomsday out quickly bc he's relatively well known.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

I don't want Doomsday...that was a crap Idea to sell comics and different covers in the 90's. Give me Braniac and Darkseid......then we can get a New Gods movie......

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Superman has a lot of "big guy; hits things" kinda foes, doesn't he?

Don C.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

As I said several months ago, Mark Strong is now more than free to play Luthor if that rumor was ever true...

If you look at the core villains mentioned - Metallo, Doomsday, Brainiac - the storyline seems to be Luthor uses the Zod tech to either build something from it, or attract something form space.

It could be a combination, where from Zod's remains he creates a Metallo or Doomsday and uses whatever Kryptonian beacon to attract Darkseid.

I guess they could try a Challenge of Superfriends variation and have Luthor loosely establish a version of the Legion in the first Justice League, then spread the fights over individual properties as a way to connect a larger story. Darkseid or the LOD are the only two reasons I can think of, storywise, why they would need to intro so many characters, so quickly.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I hope no Doomsday. Still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Smallville version.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Brainiac would be a no-brainer given the technical advancements they showed that Kyrpton has managed to make. Plus, there's this little easter egg they toss in:

They all but confirm he'll be in the sequel.
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

A better question is who won't be in the sequel.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

It has been announced that Argo writer Chris Terrio will rewrite the script.

Sources say Terrio has been brought in to get the script in shape before filming begins.

Warner Bros. declined to comment.
                                Chris Terrio, who recently changed agencies from CAA to WME, has a strong relationship with the film's star Ben Affleck.
                                Last edited by Operation:Mego; Dec 19, '13, 10:12 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎