Why is he in Sin City?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Are you sure the S isn't somewhat different? It looks more yellow.

Cavill's hair certainly has changed. He has a very Alex Ross/Steve Rude slick-n-tight Mad Men 60's style in that still compared to MOS. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if Rude's World's Finest isn't the basis...

(Rude's my favorite, by the way...)

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I see more Ross than Rude, but it may be in the eye of the beholder. I like the shorter cut, but the forehead curl would have been nice.

Nothing to do with Superman but here's some Rude

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Rude's World's Finest mini was great...in art anway. The story is kind of...meh. Not Gibbons' best work.

Hard to tell much about the "S" from here. The yellow may be more "true" here, but who can say?

Supes' slick hair is no doubt an effort to make his Clark Kent look different.

Why is he in Sin City?
          THIS IS NOT AN ADAPTATION OF "THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS". WE SWEAR! BUT WE WANT TO EVOKE MILLER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^ That's wild you'd choose Hulk. Rude's interpretation of Silver Age Hulk is my favorite.

I can see the Ross in Cavill. I'm wondering if that's because Ross is a lifelike illustrator, and Cavill is a person they're trying to make lifelike art. Opposite ends curving towards the same point.

Eventually, someone is going to mo-cap parts of an actor's face to match the character design. I don't mean Hulk/Thing transformations, but a Spidey reboot where the director decides the actor doesn't look enough Romita so they change the hair in post. I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet with Batman. Mo-Cap the actor's facial expression sans mask than layer it into the mask. The new Apes film seems to have crossed that bridge by using mo-cap in natural environments.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

^ I love Kirby's Hulk, especially the first six issues, and I think that's where Rude takes his cue with the character. I have a print of his Superman, but no photo of it. It's a littler more sleek than his fusion of Shuster/Fliescher that he used in World's Finest.

As for mo-cap and digital changes, the GL film used it on the bodies and possibly the faces of the some of the characters. In the Harry Potter films, they shaved off Ralph Fiennes nose for his character, so they are very close to what you are suggesting. They digitally played with Joseph Gordon Levitt's face in the Looper to make him look a little more like Willis, so, you're right it'll happen at some point.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap

Cavill's hair certainly has changed. He has a very Alex Ross/Steve Rude slick-n-tight Mad Men 60's style in that still compared to MOS. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if Rude's World's Finest isn't the basis...

(Rude's my favorite, by the way...)
                I got more of a George Reeves vibe from the hairstyle, if he just had a grin on that face he'd evoke George even more.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                  It's such a small part of the costume and only one pic to judge. I wouldn't bank on the color change being lighter or not until a lot more pics are shown.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  THIS IS NOT AN ADAPTATION OF "THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS". WE SWEAR! BUT WE WANT TO EVOKE MILLER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!
                  An accompanying pic of Bats in Metropolis would've been nice to complete their "juxtaposition" concept.
                  Last edited by huedell; Jul 3, '14, 4:34 PM.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

I wasn't much in favor of the suit for MoS, but it grew on me. Not the story, or acting, or casting, or directing or general lack of using the smallest percentile of source material, but yeah the suit works for an alien design. I know it was always accepted that Ma Kent had sewn Clark's duds, but this does make more sense. The subtle changes made on the suit in the new pic are nice, espeically the cuffs. He does evoke some classic looks with that pose, hair and lighting, almost Fleisher-like.

In a cool twist of both irony and redemption, wouldn't it be awesome if Bizarro were played by Brandon Routh?
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Bizarro starts out as Routh, and as he decays, becomes Tom Welling (just for Hector), Dean Cain, John Haynes Newton, George Newburn, Gerard Christopher, Tim Daly, and finally, Bob Holiday.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                        I'm the Star Spangled Man
                        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        ^Bizarro starts out as Routh, and as he decays, becomes Tom Welling (just for Hector), Dean Cain, John Haynes Newton, George Newburn, Gerard Christopher, Tim Daly, and finally, Bob Holiday.

Chris

As funny as that was, I really can see Routh as Bizzaro. I think he would be great.
                        sigpic
                        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                          OH JES!!
                          • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I got more of a George Reeves vibe from the hairstyle, if he just had a grin on that face he'd evoke George even more.
                          That's the First thing i thought, Slicked backed looks great...I like the suit looks like something from the 1930's but with modern finish...I don't miss the red trunks.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                            I'm the Star Spangled Man
                            • May 21, 2011

Comparison with the first suit:

While it's easy, at first glance, to think that the Superman costume hasn't changed much between [...]
                            sigpic
                            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

The line through the "S" was in the movie logo, but not the actual suit last time.

Cavill is thicker this time than last. That boy is ripped.

Still missing that oval buckle.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Again, Cavill looks awesome as Superman.
                                He certainly has the look and the physical presence to carry it off wonderfully.

However, the square belt "buckle" is a needless change, I believe.

In the making of Man Of Steel material on the Blu-ray, it's clear the actual suit has much more vibrant colours than what we saw in the finished film.
                                The colour dampening process Snyder decided to use on the movie really muted the colours, which is a shame.
                                Hopefully the next film will give us a little more of the bright, vivid, and dynamic colour-scheme that the Superman suit should have.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎