Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

"Man of Steel 2" screenwriter David S. Goyer recently shared in an interview with Comic Book Resources about the writing process for the highly anticipated Batman vs. Superman movie. Goyer particularly noted about how they carefully balanced writing the story by listening to what fans say and doing what they want that will fit best to the movie sequel.

"I'm paraphrasing Steve Jobs, it's like you don't give the audience or the consumer what they want, you give them what they don't even know they want," the screenwriter stated in the Enstars report. David S. Goyer further explained that giving in to what the fans want can be unfavorable to the creative process.

"I mean, being involved in some of these comic book movies and stuff like that, people say, 'Well, this is what they should do.' And trust me, if we had just done exactly that I don't think the audiences would have been completely happy," Mr Goyer shared. According to the Latino Post report, David S. Goyer's writing process for the "Man of Steel 2" movie has considered connecting the Batman vs. Superman film in director Christopher Nolan's universe for "The Dark Knight" trilogy.

"Chris Nolan and I absolutely had discussions about that with regards to Superman or Batman and where he exists in the public consciousness and whether or not this was aligned with that or a betrayal of that or not," the screenwriter revealed without slipping any other details on the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie sequel.

The "Man of Steel 2" cast members include British actor Henry Cavill as Clark Kent or Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne or Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred Pennyworth.

The Latino Post further reported that cast member Jeremy Irons recently divulged that the script for the "Man of Steel 2" film is not yet finalized. "Snyder and his stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Amy Adams and Laurence Fishburne, are gearing up to begin principal photography next month in Michigan," the report claimed.

"Man of Steel 2" is scheduled to hit cinemas on May 6, 2016.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey and Tao Okamoto have been cast in unnamed roles.
      sigpic

Comment

• Byrnes
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 19, 2011

I just watched Man of Steel last night. Man that was horrible. I didn't care about anything in that movie. It was better than the last one, but still no where near as good as the Christopher Reeve stuff. No wonder no one claps at movies anymore, they just don't make us care about the characters like we use to.
        WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Zimmer has confirmed he's returning to score the sequel.
          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Ray Fisher has been cast as Cyborg.

Variety reports that "Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe."
            sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Actually seems like a good casting choice.
              (Unlike many of the other recent super hero casting decisions.)
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

According to Variety, Zack Snyder thinks we are all too clingy to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/za...an-1201159883/

“ I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt and it’s not fun or funny.”
                Yeah, because nobody wants to see a Superhero movie that has any fun or humor in it.
                Geez, this guy is outta touch. Can we please hit the eject button on him?

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
                  According to Variety, Zack Snyder thinks we are all too clingy to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/za...an-1201159883/

Yeah, because nobody wants to see a Superhero movie that has any fun or humor in it.
                  Geez, this guy is outta touch. Can we please hit the eject button on him?
                  In the REAL world, people go to superhero movies to have a good time. I'm afraid if Snyder gets too lost in pushing against an old ideal, he may lose focus on why people like these movies to begin with. Batman can be dark and compelling and thrive based on that original idea. But Superman is suppose to represent hope AND be the tent pole for this massive launch of DC characters. If Snyder pigeon holes his audience, he could alienate a big portion of the business (namely families) that Warner Bros needs to grow not only the Superman license but the DC license as well.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Adrian Bordy has expressed interest in playing the Joker:

While Callan Mulvey is speculated to be the Joker.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.
                      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

My understanding was that Mulvey was Metallo?

Comment

• May 21, 2011

^^^ The article says he's playing an original character but speculate that it's the Joker. I could see him as Metallo though.
                          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

LexCorp:

Emergency vehicles:

Empire has reportedly leaked an image of the suit's redesign. However, a mockup of the Batman v Superman resign has also been revealed by the DC Comics Mexico Facebook page, which is different than Empire's. Hard to know if either are legit:

Empire:

DC Mexico:

And this is reported to be a 15-foot statue of Superman:
                            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 14, '14, 5:23 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

both of those costume designs actually look worse than the Man of Steel version.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Those Superman costumes look like bad Photoshop jobs to me. I could be wrong, but they look pretty fake.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎