X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Man of Steel 2 begins filming

Filming is scheduled to take place on October 19, 2013 at East Los Angeles College to shoot a football game between Gotham City University and rival Metropolis State University.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

It's also been reported that people will have to sit through yet another retelling of Batman's orgin.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

^^^ Wow, really? Well...if it will be as well done as Supes new one then I probably won't mind.
      sigpic

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>It's also been reported that people will have to sit through yet another retelling of Batman's orgin.

That's great, 'cos Batman's pretty obscure, and I'm not sure I know what his deal is.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I guess nobody saw Batman 89 or Batman Begins
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>I guess nobody saw Batman 89 or Batman Begins

.... or "Batman: The Animated Series" or "Beware: The Batman" or read a comic, or listened to MC Chris, or been on the internet....

Sometimes I wonder if we're gonna see some kind of burnout on retelling the origin with the movies, like we get with the constant reboots in the comics. They're coming a lot closer now, and they're becoming a selling point.... like the comics. It's not like you NEED to retell the origin; I suspect most moviegoers would be okay if you left it at "He's an angry dude who punches out bad guys."

Don C.

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Well why would we want to pass up the chance of seeing Ben Affleck in the origin retelling. That's probably Oscar worthy stuff there.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

If they do an origin story, my guess is to clearly delineate that this isn't a continuation of the Nolan/Bale Batman.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

From what I've read, the origin segment will only be in the form of momentary flashbacks to reference his scarred psyche. Hopefully that will reset the Bat-table and we can move forward. The treatment for this is going to be tricky. Dark Knight was a response to the Schumacher films. Now that people have drank heavily from that 'reality' cup, how far back will the studios' dial it? Should be interesting.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I hope it's dark and gritty, because we haven't seen that yet.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

I've also read that Affleck is heavily pushing Larry David for a role. Some are suggesting it's for Mr. Mxyzptlk.
                      sigpic

Comment

• torgospizza
                        Theocrat of Pan Tang
                        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by ctc
                        >It's also been reported that people will have to sit through yet another retelling of Batman's orgin.

That's great, 'cos Batman's pretty obscure, and I'm not sure I know what his deal is.
                        I think he got bitten by a radioactive bat and now when he gets mad, he can fly and stuff.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

WB president of creative development and worldwide production Greg Silverman has talk the possibly or maybe that Wonder Woman will be appearing alongside both the heroes.
                          There’s been plenty of buzz that Zack Snyder’s upcoming “Batman vs. Superman” film will feature an appearance by Wonder Woman, and Greg Silverman, Warner Bros.’ president of creative development and worldwide production, addressed the rumor Monday at the Variety Entertainment & Tech Summit. When asked by Variety‘s Claudia Eller whether the film would introduce other […]

Trinity? Trinity?! Trinity!

Yes!
                          sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>I've also read that Affleck is heavily pushing Larry David for a role. Some are suggesting it's for Mr. Mxyzptlk.

HAW! Okay, that might make up for having to sit through more Batman.

Don C.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                              The treatment for this is going to be tricky. Dark Knight was a response to the Schumacher films. Now that people have drank heavily from that 'reality' cup, how far back will the studios' dial it? Should be interesting.
                              It's a catch-22 for Affleck in my opinion: If it's gritty--and isn't MOS a "gritty" take on Supes?--fans will complain that Affleck is aping Bale. If he lightens it up (and I feel he should, they all should a bit), fans will complain that he's destroying the franchise, mocking the character, pulling a "West", whatever.

The script better be very deft, because all things considered, he's being set up to fail. I honestly think he could essay it though, based on Daredevil & Hollywood Kryptonite.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎