Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colf72
    • Feb 21, 2008

Captain Action

I am really looking forward to the Mego scale Capt Action. Hopefully it is made well. Capt Actions body is pretty unique. Not sure it woulld look right to slap a CA head on a Mego body.

That being said I am wondering how they are doing this? Are they going to be using masks etc for characters lke the phantom? The Phatom head sculpt has me confused (and who is the guy w the beard?)

Are they basically making a Phantom Action figure and telling us it's CA? Either way is cool w/me.

I am wondering what the plans actually are re characters. Obviously the DC and Marvel characters are out. They are writing new heroes into the upcoming comic and they look really cool so hopefully we get those.

What about The Lone Ranger, Green Hornet and Flash Gordon, etc.?

I'd love some details!!!
  • monkey tennis
    "Kiss my face."
    • Jun 8, 2007

I haven't heard anything about it, but it does sound interesting, esp if the costumes fit reg Mego's
    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

There's an entire thread on this
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

oh yeah...silly me.
        i was just testing...well I was very drunk at the time.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Hey Glad to shed some light. Here is the original announcement by the Captain Action guys.http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=5809

As for a brief sum up? It's like this:

Cast-a-Way Toys is making an 8 inch version of the Captain Action and Dr. Evil.
          Updates here http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=8236

The body itself will be a standard type 2 Mego body, with the addition of swiveling biceps and increased shoulder articulation. The hands will also be made of soft gripping rubber and look very similar to the original CA hands. We see this as a natural progression to the Mego body... kind of "where Mego might have gone"

In addition to the Captain Action license, we (Cast-a-Way toys) has also secured the Phantom license from King Features and will be creating an 8 inch Phantom on the same body I mentioned before. This project is it's own separate entity. This figure will also feature a stand alone villain (TBA, it's different and cool!) as part of the Phantom series. Having secured this license however, we are (given ultimate approval by KF), also producing Mego scaled CA and DR. E costumes of the Phantom and the Phantom villain Red Beard. These outfits will feature removable masks exactly like the classic 12 " CA costumes.

We are very excited about the possibilities of both these lines and other lines we presently also have in the works... Where we go and what we produce will depend on how we do initially... Working with CA and King Features both does open the door to some seriously cool future projects though

-Dave
          Cast-a-Way toys LLC

Comment

• Colf72
            • Feb 21, 2008

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing it all come together.

Comment

• Colf72
              • Feb 21, 2008

Oh, and I knew there was a whole other thread about this I was just fiching for some spoilers!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎