X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Iron Man looks fantastic in that shot...I'm happy with how he turned out. Thanks for posting Tom!

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
      Convention price is $79.50. Here's a full body shot of Iron Man and the completed Hawkeye figure...

Oh, these look great! Thanks for posting Tom! Iron Man looks amazing! There's something weird about Hawkeye though... Does he have any neck at all? Is it just the pic perspective?

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Iron Man body looks good. Head looks wonky as all get out.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Good Grief! Looks like someone stuck a Charlie Brown head on a Famous Covers Iron Man.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^I think the Captain Action helmet looks 100 times better than the Famous Covers one. And look, the FC version even forgot the repulsor in his palm.

CA wins hands down.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
              ^I think the Captain Action helmet looks 100 times better than the Famous Covers one. And look, the FC version even forgot the repulsor in his palm.

CA wins hands down.
              Um, ok. Neither one is great, but at least the FC helmet is 2 pieces, hard plastic, and Tony Stark's underneath. The CA gloves are better, but CA hands are so dainty you could probably swap them onto the FC to upgrade.
              The CA "helmet" is an oversized, misshapen mess.

Comment

• Robin NY
                Museum Super Collector
                • Nov 13, 2008

got in at the very beginning early Friday and made a bee line for the CA booth and Shell head was already sold out, managed to get their last Wolverine available so I guess I was lucky deluxe Loki and Thor were about 18 bucks if u had a coupon they were giving out. Most interesting was a poster that had POSSIBLE future releases including Hawk-Man. They did clearly state no plans at all for an Action Boy , thought that Dr.Evil exclusive was way overpriced

Comment

• levyguy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 4, 2009

Robin- they clearly stated they have no plans to produce Action Boy?
                  then Ed and Joe lied to me. After getting the Superman & Batman sets (IF they ever come out) I will be done with this line.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Robin NY
                    got in at the very beginning early Friday and made a bee line for the CA booth and Shell head was already sold out, managed to get their last Wolverine available so I guess I was lucky deluxe Loki and Thor were about 18 bucks if u had a coupon they were giving out. Most interesting was a poster that had POSSIBLE future releases including Hawk-Man. They did clearly state no plans at all for an Action Boy , thought that Dr.Evil exclusive was way overpriced
                    It's no surprise they sold out on Iron Man and Wolverine. I've been telling them for the last two years to sell this stuff in conventions instead of just advertising it. In an environment that promotes impulse purchasing, this kind of product will move. Now just imagine what kind of money they would have made had they got it to market during the release of the Iron Man movie AND sold it in those other conventions? Small fortune lost there. They should move to a subscription mode, if no other major retailer is going to pick them up. CA is always going to have a built-in market that comes from that era where dressing up an action figure was a new (and accepted) idea.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by J.B.
                      Good Grief! Looks like someone stuck a Charlie Brown head on a Famous Covers Iron Man.

They look like bobbleheads to me. Or those big head masks you see at Mardi Gras.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Here are some additional shots of the Capt. Action table at the NYCC. This much I can say. Round 2 can never seem to find a favorable pose to showcase new outfits. They always pose them in a way that highlights the body's lanky and awkward posture. Not the best position for recruiting new customers!

Here are some re-purposed concept packages they original advertised this time last year. Since the reality of them ever becoming actual product will be based on how much revenue they can generate from these latest offerings, I would temper any expectations until they can offer some definitive evidence they will move forward with production.

Last edited by MIB41; Oct 14, '13, 8:52 AM.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by levyguy
                          Robin- they clearly stated they have no plans to produce Action Boy?
                          then Ed and Joe lied to me. After getting the Superman & Batman sets (IF they ever come out) I will be done with this line.
                          If they have no plans for Action Boy, why did they sell an exclusive figure of his pet panther? (which I paid a small fortune for on Ebay I might add, in anticipation of having Action Boy some day)

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
                            Um, ok. Neither one is great, but at least the FC helmet is 2 pieces, hard plastic, and Tony Stark's underneath. The CA gloves are better, but CA hands are so dainty you could probably swap them onto the FC to upgrade.
                            The CA "helmet" is an oversized, misshapen mess.
                            I disagree. I think the shape of the CA helmet is way better than the FC one...and just for the record, does anybody even know that this helmet ISN'T two pieces? So far, nobody has done an out of box review yet, so how does anybody know one way or the other?

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              I disagree. I think the shape of the CA helmet is way better than the FC one...and just for the record, does anybody even know that this helmet ISN'T two pieces? So far, nobody has done an out of box review yet, so how does anybody know one way or the other?
                              So far, Round 2 has not produced any mask that follows the vintage half-half format (Playing Mantis didn't either). I think if you look at this picture of the outfit in it's packaging, it's pretty definitive that's a single piece mask, since the three quarter view reads the same as photos of a figure wearing it. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• levyguy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 4, 2009

I do not know why they produced the exclusive Khem panther- just to get more money I suppose.
                                But they have not answered me about the return of AB, and Robin said they stated clearly there are no plans for them to produce Action Boy.
                                I hope I'm not the only one disappointed.
                                I hope someday another company will bring back Action Boy and do the CA line as Ideal did.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎