Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron Man's Hall of Armor (action figures INCLUDED) WARNING! PICTURE HEAVY!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Iron Man's Hall of Armor (action figures INCLUDED) WARNING! PICTURE HEAVY!!

I had a vision of a Mego Iron Man Hall of Armor. It had my favorite versions of Iron Man along with Tony Stark holding up a helmet of his latest version of 'ol shell head.

First step was to finish a bunch of the Iron Man customs I had been working on for the past 5 years or so. I mean, who needs a hall of armor when you have no armor, right? Now I already had my Mego Iron Man and my friend Nate Alley helped me complete a Stealth Iron Man a couple years back, so I needed to add at least four or five more.

War Machine: Built on a Mego T2 body; using the Mego Iron Man suit pattern (found here http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/patterns/iron.jpg) I printed the suit and Nate sewed it up for me; head enlarged from a 1995 Toy Biz War Machine 2 figure with paints by me; firing missiles backpack from same figure; chest button, belt and gloves from www.drmego.com painted by me; and boots from www.classictvtoys.com also painted by yours truly. For those interested, the silver material used is called "liquid silver" and is a four-way stretch.

War Machine with missiles at rest:

War Machine with missiles ready to fire:

War Machine firing missiles:

Original War Machine 2 figure by Toy Biz

Silver Centurion: my personal favorite version of Iron Man, was most known for his appearance in West Coast Avengers. Built on a Mego T2 body, I printed the suit and Nate sewed them together; head enlarged from a Marvel Universe figure with paints by me; belt and gloves from www.drmego.com painted by me; boots from www.classictvtoys.com also painted by yours truly; and button by me. Special Thanks to Random Axe for the fabric used for the shoulders. Totally made this figure work.

Silver Centurion

Silver Centurion: ready for take-off

Arctic Iron Man: A little artistic liberty here with one of my favorites even though he only appeared once (and ever-so-briefly) in the comics. Built on a Mego T2 body; head a repro Mego Iron Man head with nose removed, paints by me; belt and gloves from www.drmego.com painted by me; boots by www.classictvtoys.com also painted by me; suit printed by me and showcasing the sewing talents of Nate Alley; and the piece de resistance, the six-sided button made by Legend of Link painted and stickered by your truly. It is pretty hard to find a button in the shape of a hexagon and LOL made this for me with his 3D printer. Awesome job!

Arctic Armor Iron Man

Arctic Armor Iron Man: ready for take-off:

and his only comic book appearance (that I know of)

Modular Armor Iron Man: A little more artistic liberty taken with this one, built on a Mego T2 body; suit by me; head enlarged from a Toy Biz Iron Man figure from 1995; belt and gloves from www.drmego.com and painted by me; boots from www.classictvtoys.com; button from the amazing Legend of Link (also painted and stickered by yours truly).

And, the original...

The customs are finished. Now for a playset worthy enough to house them. Where to start? http://didadisplays.com/, that's where!

I contact Scott Adams and explain to him my vision: A Mego-Hall-Of-Justice style playset with seven slots for seven different Iron Man armors with a cool floor where Tony can stand admiring his work. And, I send him the picture below for reference:

Scott Adams, sends me this! Just as I envisioned it but with mirrored walls in each slot. Cowabunga!

And the floor? Are you kidding me?

Time to add the figures...

Modular Armor and Arctic Armor to the left side:

...and Stealth Armor and Mego Iron Man to the right side:

And in the middle...War Machine and Silver Centurion with Tony Stark close by:

And the whole darn thing!

Then, Scott says, "hey man, why don't you add a roof with some of those "press" lights people put under their kitchen cabinets." And, I say, "VIOLA!" Is that just not the shizzo-nizzo?

I want to personally thank the following people without whom I would not be able to present to the Mego Museum community what I consider my finest work to date:

Scott Adams, Nate Alley, Sean Gordy, Scott Pierce, Dr Mego, and CTVT. This was truly a team effort.

I hope you enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, thank you very much for looking.

Peace, Love and Megos,

Austin

PS Yes that is a Hulkbuster Iron Man hiding behind Tony, but he is not finished. I placed him there to fill in the void. I will have a separate post for him when he is completed
    Last edited by megowgsh; Sep 29, '13, 10:48 AM. Reason: typo
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

Can't stop staring.... drool~~~
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

That light blue Iron Man is my fav....

what a gorgeous display piece.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Legend of Link
        Career Member
        • Jun 12, 2010

Words can't even describe all the awesomeness I just experienced. Absolute perfection! It was a pleasure to be a little part of this.

Bravo Austin.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

FANTASTIC! Brilliance all around!

Comment

• nobody
            banjo!
            • Jan 26, 2012

What is that, like 2 months of Austin Sundays rolled into one? I finally watched IM3 last night, I'm more satisfied with this.

Comment

• raider5gt
              Museum Tree Cutter
              • Nov 25, 2007

Man,those are awesome,I really like the Arctic Armor and Modular Armor Iron Man the best.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

Excellent collection!

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

That is a sweet way to display your Iron Man figures.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I have to say that I'm not really an Ironman fan (beyond the 60s cartoon), but that is pretty impressive!
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• mjaycox
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 16, 2008

That is awesome! Great idea and execution. My favorite is the Silver Centurion too. I used to read West Coast Avengers religiously during this period. Don't you ever sleep?
                      Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• piecemaker
                        There's no need to fear..
                        • Jan 26, 2009

Those are Awesome!!! My favorites are Modular Armor Ironman and War Machine.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                          Live Long and Prosper
                          • Mar 23, 2008

Those are smoking hot.
                          Sammy

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

I love that last pic with the ceiling lights!

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Yes! Yes! Yes! That is perfect. The lights are a great touch. This piece belongs in a museum of Megos.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎