X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

superman heads ...repros??

hi I have these 2 supes heads both were on original supermen bodys and outfits... but im guessing the heads are repros???? what do you guys think?

both are unmarked on the necks dr mego are marked ..are they marked dm in paint or moulded into the rubber? if paint im guessing the paints been scrubbed off

any help be good thanks

• scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

bump time...c,mon megoheads please help me out on these thanks

Comment

• sauce
      Removed
      • Jun 24, 2007

They have a Dean Martin charm.

Comment

• hobub
        Ghost of a Dead Indian
        • Jun 18, 2001

lol Bryan! Got that laid back cool look. Seriousin though, they look like DM to me with those eyes.

Comment

• scoth70
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 17, 2008

yes I wondered is the dm stamped with black paint on the head or are they moulded into the rubber? as I see no markins

thanks

Originally posted by hobub
          lol Bryan! Got that laid back cool look. Seriousin though, they look like DM to me with those eyes.

Comment

• clemso
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 8, 2001

Not sure but they don't look like original Mego.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

They are NOT DM repros. They are end of the line Superman heads. The Supes in my collection has that same head. Only reason why I kept it is that the Supes in my collection came off of a mangled Superman card. Got it back in 2000 or '01 off of a seller from Texas on ebay. My Batman and Supes were on mangled cards. I think my Bats has the darker blue color on his head. If I can find the backer card I will check if it is a '75 or '79 card. I'm thinking it might be a '79 card. I'll take a pic of supes when I get a chance. It most definitely is an original Mego head and NOT a repro.

Comment

• scoth70
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 17, 2008

thanks for your help men... and blue meanie thankyou very much for closing this head guessing game for me..... im glad these are original mego supes end of line heads ..as I mentioned they were on original bodies and outfits..i thought it odd that they might had both been replaced with repro heads as they were not from the same person... I was almost going to get rid of them as repros ..a happy ending

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                They are NOT DM repros. They are end of the line Superman heads. The Supes in my collection has that same head. Only reason why I kept it is that the Supes in my collection came off of a mangled Superman card. Got it back in 2000 or '01 off of a seller from Texas on ebay. My Batman and Supes were on mangled cards. I think my Bats has the darker blue color on his head. If I can find the backer card I will check if it is a '75 or '79 card. I'm thinking it might be a '79 card. I'll take a pic of supes when I get a chance. It most definitely is an original Mego head and NOT a repro.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Yes, thank you for the information. Good to know. Those eyes are strange though. I love Dean Martin remark. They look like they could sing a duet of everybody loves somebody with that look they have.

Comment

• sauce
                    Removed
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Looking forward to Berto pics!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by scoth70
                      yes I wondered is the dm stamped with black paint on the head or are they moulded into the rubber? as I see no markins

thanks
                      It'll have the DM etched like in the back. Kind of like an original Mego. No stamp. At least that's how my Bruce Wayne is.

Comment

• scoth70
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 17, 2008

thankyou

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        It'll have the DM etched like in the back. Kind of like an original Mego. No stamp. At least that's how my Bruce Wayne is.

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Come to think of it, those Superman heads remind me of the ones used on those robot toys.

Comment

• k2
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Not sure, but I don't think the doc did repro superman heads

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Here is a pic of the Supes that is in my collection with another T2 Supes that I have for sale. The one from my collection is the one on the left as you are looking at the picture on the screen:

Color of the head is the same as the Clark Kent mocha except it is not a CK because it has a T2 shorter neck plug. No writing on the back of his neck. I thought that it may have been an end run on the Mego line but he has a paper emblem and not a cloth emblem that I think would indicate a 1979 carded figure. If I can find the card he came off of I will post a scan of it. Hope this helps in the mystery of the heads that were posted at the beginning of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎