X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by drquest
    Here's a couple of new Henshin Cyborg sets I got.

The carded CASSHAN I got super cheap and thought I'd just open it assuming the card/bubble was trashed and it ended up being kind of a nice card so I haven't opened it.

The DOKURO KING (Skeleton King) on the purple Walder is a new favorite!

Congrats! Not sure if your Walder is a repro ,but be careful of the Skeleton King parts on the plastic as I saw photo they can interact with the clear Walder and cause the plastic body to "fog". You may already know which lines were affected but thought best to give a heads up.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Congrats! Not sure if your Walder is a repro ,but be careful of the Skeleton King parts on the plastic as I saw photo they can interact with the clear Walder and cause the plastic body to "fog". You may already know which lines were affected but thought best to give a heads up.
      That's a vintage Walder in the picture. I'm familiar with the one you are talking about. It's a much later re-issue, 2000 time frame and yes the chest does fog up.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

That's a vintage Walder in the picture. I'm familiar with the one you are talking about. It's a much later re-issue, 2000 time frame and yes the chest does fog up.
        Ah good! I tried to find a picture of what I was talking about last night but nothing was coming up. Good that you already new about it.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

I got in a small box of stuff from Japan. Included in that was a vintage yellow Walder and I put the Dokuro King costume on it. I also got a re-issue 8" Walder (around 2000). He's in the front there.

Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

gotta say I like the Dokuro King on the purple a little better then the yellow, but they are all awesome.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I've been concentrating on vintage King Walders lately, trying to get more examples of those.

I have the vintage purple, yellow and green Walders now, and the Skull King and Satan King costumes too. I have a partial green Walder set aside for when I can get the Plant Monster set.

Enjoy!

Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Great collection--is that a repro Dr. Evil labcoat?

I have the Satan King repro figure, and I see Satan King & Plantman ones online. But it's not advisable to put these on actual figures?

I never seem to see the Cy99 magno figures...
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Great collection--is that a repro Dr. Evil labcoat?

I have the Satan King repro figure, and I see Satan King & Plantman ones online. But it's not advisable to put these on actual figures?

I never seem to see the Cy99 magno figures...
                  No that's a vintage Dr. Evil labcoat, I seem to have extras of those hanging around....

The vintage Walder sets are fine to be put on vintage figures. Some of the re-issue stuff, Secret Base etc, tend to have melt issues on the reproduction bodies, but I've never noticed that with the vintage ones.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Aha, I was referring to repros.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Got a box of stuff from Japan this week!

Cyborg, Shonen(boy) cyborg, Waruda Plant Monster set, and a Tac Team Commander!

Also got this Kubrick Disney Old Bob.

Here's a picture of the TAC Team Commander standing next to the Allies of Justice MAT Member, or Monster Attack Team Member.

Here's all of my costumed Waruda's(Walder)

Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Great toys, I think it's only a matter of time before I finally buckle and start collecting Henshins seriously! And I always look for Kubrick Black Hole figures when I'm in Japan but never have any luck finding any!

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          Great toys, I think it's only a matter of time before I finally buckle and start collecting Henshins seriously! And I always look for Kubrick Black Hole figures when I'm in Japan but never have any luck finding any!
                          l think the Cyborgs are pretty cool myself. I would think those Kubricks would be all over there, but I don't see them listed much. This Old Bob I got real cheap, so I was pretty happy about that, under $5 USD.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Wow, those are nice!

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Ahh keep 'em comin'! Sweet cyborgness!

I finally nabbed my first vintage MIB JR last week… holy power package! Not only are the figures intoxicatingly fun and in Mego scale, but the packaging and collateral themselves are kinda hypnotic. The catalog included behind the insert is a tome of wondrous things!

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

I would think those Kubricks would be all over there, but I don't see them listed much. This Old Bob I got real cheap, so I was pretty happy about that, under $5 USD.
                                I see lots of Kubricks over there, but never these guys. And wow, five bucks is an absolute steal!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎