X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Takara Henshin Cyborg

I've been trying to pick up some vintage Takara Henshin Cyborg items as of late. I thought I may share a few items from that line from the early 1970's.

These pictures are of the Cyborg Station CX-1. It's a playset of sorts. The cyborg is suppose to stand on the left side, held in place by the black strap. That round thing you see hanging out runs on batteries and lights up as you see. I tend to refer to it as the "recharging station", but I don't know if that's accurate to be honest.

The cyborg you see is a gold inside version, the smaller one on the right is the boy or "Shonen" version. Both came with various costumes you could buy to put on them. Sort of like the Japanese version of Captain Action. The purple guy on the right is the King Walder(or Waruda) and he's the bad guy. He has costumes as well and comes in other colors.

This is the back of the Cyborg Station when it's closed, and you'll see the Shonen standing there with the guy on the right being a Allies of Justice MAT Member, or Monster Attack Team Member. This came on a Takara New Joe body, and actually came out before the Henshin Cyborg line came out, as I'm told. He's missing his pistol, but he's a pretty cool figure and I'm happy to have it.

I have some additional figures and a few costumes, and may share some others later in this thread. If you guys have any of these, I'd be interested in buying or trading for them.
    Last edited by drquest; Jan 2, '19, 5:49 PM.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Here's a link to a video showing some of the original commercials for this line. What kid wouldn't have wanted these things??

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

That's pretty cool. So are the commercials. I've not seen any of it before, though while watching the commercials, I was waiting for Spectreman to appear.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Wow!!!! PM sent.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mahseer
          Museum Super Collector
          • Sep 21, 2012

cyborgs

My 9 year old son and I collect cyborg related stuff. I could never afford the vintage stuff. We have to settle with the neo and repro stuff as well as some of the art toy type "suits". Even the newer stuff seems to be trending upwords on ebay.

IMG_1096.jpg

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Here's a few more pictures.

This is a group shot with two more Cyborgs, one wearing the Mazinger Z suit. You'll see the Shonen(boy) and the guy on the right is part of the Invader/Alien line. Those also came in different colors are pretty hard to find(at least for me they are).

This is the Cyborg Jaguar, loose and one in the box. He also had different costumes you could purchase for it.

This is the slightly later Takara Android A(sometimes called Android Ace). The body was redesigned and the chest opens up, the legs and arms come off to attach other parts to him. This one has the box with it, not a great box but there it is. You can see some of his options on the back of the box.

These two are Denys Fisher Cyborgs and are about the same size as the Shonen (boy) figure from the Takara line. Equally as cool, and they even made an Android version too, which I haven't been able to find yet. Again with these, different costumes were offered that they would change in to. The purple guy is the Muton, and the other is just the Cyborg.

Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Great stuff, I've been resisting collecting the vintage Cyborgs for years (other than a brief flirtation with the Denys Fisher ones) but they call out to me whenever I see them in vintage toy shops. Someday I'm eventually find some at a nice price and probably buckle, it's inevitable.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

I love some of the suits. I've had Denys Fisher pieces over time. Great stuff.

Comment

• Den82
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

I have the smaller Cyborg, but his limbs are from the purple guy.

Comment

• Walter1965
                    • Jan 23, 2009

VERY COOL Guys!! These are my Henshin Takara cyborgs..This one came in the mail yesterday from Japan.I am VERY Surprised that he is here at all!! Look what Japanese customs did with the box...Wrapping it with CAUTION TAPE!! Talk about RED Flags...I am very surprised that it went through the USPS system...When I brought it in the house...It was just about falling out of the box...Anyway,here he is...The batteries are dead...I forgot that he came with the Neo-Cy Protector Cy-Breaster chest armor..It has been almost three weeks since I looked at the listing..His Electro Magnetic Blade and Crab Scissors are really cool...I can't wait until my Yellow Neo Cyborg comes in...It's really becoming a very nice team...Check out this Takara info...It help out a lot for those that can not read Japanese LOL ...Cheers Walter http://www.microforever.com/neoseriesone.htm.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                      • Jan 22, 2008

OK dumb question. How the heck do you put the Manzinga costume on? do you have to take the cyborgs head off?

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                        OK dumb question. How the heck do you put the Manzinga costume on? do you have to take the cyborgs head off?
                        Haha, yes you pull the "human" head off of the cyborg, which leaves the cyborg head and that slides into the Mazinga costume. A lot of the costumes are done that way for these.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Walter1965
                          • Jan 23, 2009

Originally posted by drquest
                          Haha, yes you pull the "human" head off of the cyborg, which leaves the cyborg head and that slides into the Mazinga costume. A lot of the costumes are done that way for these.
                          Yes Danny is Very Right...Here is a nice set on EBAY Not a crazy price yet.... Walter ...http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-1974...item417d783e0f

Comment

• mazinz
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2007

These guys are ****ing amazing! If I had them I would have set up a multi colored lcd spin wheel and would have had these clear figures in front of it on a permanent display to watch them glow
                            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Walter1965
                              • Jan 23, 2009

Originally posted by mazinz
                              These guys are ****ing amazing! If I had them I would have set up a multi colored lcd spin wheel and would have had these clear figures in front of it on a permanent display to watch them glow
                              LOL!! HA!! I never thought of that!! Great Idea....I'm not old enough but can you imagine if the guys were around in the sixties?!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎