Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to move the Meet out of Wheeling WV

Blog Entries
    We're working on the Meet's future Paul, if you want to discuss your ideas, we'd appreciate your input but I honestly find this counter productive.

It has nothing to do with where I live (but it apparently is all about where YOU live). The show existed in wheeling for years before i found out about it. yeah, it's nice that it's in my backyard, but that's not my only reason for going. I would happily go to Boston, or Indy, or Philly.

It has more to do with my dislike for New York and certain people it produces. I would give it up to another city. It is unfortunate that You feel Wheeling is undeserving, but then, New York has EVERYTHING so why not take this too, eh?

Do I want the show to grow? Sure. I don't want it in the basement forever. But why does it have to leave Wheeling? Why New York? Because YOU live there?

I have no interest in entering a ****ing match with you, Paul, but this is not your decision to make. It is the community's. and I think everybody should have an equal say in the matter regardless of their entertainment industry credentials.

In the end, the organizers will do what they think is best, and I definitely hope it IS for the best. For all involved.
    Last edited by B-Lister; Sep 7, '13 at 7:50 PM.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    I fly in, so location really doesn't mean that much to me. The experience is what I go for. I went to EternalCon and it was an OK show. I can't say that the distraction of a larger show gets me the same experience. Not saying Wheeling is the answer, or suggesting any where in general, but I'm there as long as I get the same end result as I've always gotten, doesn't matter to me where it is. I hardly live in the boonies and I drive almost as far to my own state airport as I do Pitt to Wheeling so that really doesn't make much difference. I do agree that if a change is being made, it should be done early. I know waiting until later to book flights has cost me upwards of $100 plus on airfares. That kinda sucks. As I've always said, the people make the Meet, not necessarily the location.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

I have to admit a fear of New York. If the meet goes there, I will not.
    It's totally in my head, no fault of anyone.
    I don't mind the eight hour drive.
    Even with Chicago two hours north of me, if the meet went there, I'd have some issues...big cities just aren't my thing.
    Again, no fault of anyone, just my head.

There was a poll by Brian and Steve not too long ago about this very thing.
    I'm sure they are discussing stuff that will be cool and new for next year.

Even if the Meet is not moved to NY, would it be so horrible to do something at Eternal Con as well? Like a "mini-Meet"?
    I drove almost 100 miles to Eternal Con and met some Mego peeps. I would do it again right now in the dark if I could.
    Met Doc, batmanmc, megocrazy and spyweb007 that day. Went home happy about that.

I have plans to go to Wheeling this year but would go to Eternal Con as well.
    We should do both!! There is Mego Eat and other stuff like that. Matbe a "Part 2" at Eternal COn??
    Last edited by VinMan; Sep 7, '13 at 7:48 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    Regardless of whether Eternal Con is the actual Mego Meet for 2014, I am sending
    the Meet organizers a list of mego fans by state to see, impartially, where the
    highest concentration is.
    List of your customers?
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 7, '13 at 8:00 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I'm all for a gathering in NY too. I have been to Wheeling a couple times and enjoyed them both times. I think that best part about it is the great people who attend. Hanging out in the suite and enjoying a cold one is a highlight for sure. One of the main drawbacks in my opinion is that there isn't enough foot traffic at the show.
    Having a meet in NY can draw more members and actually showcase our hobby in the forefront to new collectors. Is there any harm I that? I prefer a bigger venue with more people. It can be called mego meet east or NY mego meet , doesen't have to be the one and only. Folks out on the west coast have meets and I applaud them.
    Bottom line is location, location, location. Wheeling to some,is not a great location for many reasons.....
    Just sayin.
    mego's befo ho's

There's nothing wrong with an impromptu meetup with megoheads at a show. But to suggest that that be THE Meet is trying to take matters into your own hands.

I still haven't gotten a satisfying answer to the
    Question "Why should the Meet leave Wheeling?"

I am not suggesting it stay on Kruger Street, merely asking why it has to go to New York, or anywhere else?
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Blog Entries
    Ain't nothing wrong with mini meets, I'm hoping to have one tomorrow. We should do one in every state.

With the official Meet we have been figuring things out, expect an announcement soon.

And in the end, yours is the decision that matters.