X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drmego
    Regardless of whether Eternal Con is the actual Mego Meet for 2014, I am sending
    the Meet organizers a list of mego fans by state to see, impartially, where the
    highest concentration is.
    List of your customers?
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 7, '13, 8:00 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

I'm all for a gathering in NY too. I have been to Wheeling a couple times and enjoyed them both times. I think that best part about it is the great people who attend. Hanging out in the suite and enjoying a cold one is a highlight for sure. One of the main drawbacks in my opinion is that there isn't enough foot traffic at the show.
      Having a meet in NY can draw more members and actually showcase our hobby in the forefront to new collectors. Is there any harm I that? I prefer a bigger venue with more people. It can be called mego meet east or NY mego meet , doesen't have to be the one and only. Folks out on the west coast have meets and I applaud them.
      Bottom line is location, location, location. Wheeling to some,is not a great location for many reasons.....
      Just sayin.
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

There's nothing wrong with an impromptu meetup with megoheads at a show. But to suggest that that be THE Meet is trying to take matters into your own hands.

I still haven't gotten a satisfying answer to the
        Question "Why should the Meet leave Wheeling?"

I am not suggesting it stay on Kruger Street, merely asking why it has to go to New York, or anywhere else?
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Ain't nothing wrong with mini meets, I'm hoping to have one tomorrow. We should do one in every state.

With the official Meet we have been figuring things out, expect an announcement soon.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

And in the end, yours is the decision that matters.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Well, we'd sure like some folks to come to the party, so we're trying.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

any thoughts on a rotating venue like the Star Wars convention does? Find sites that tie into Mego stuff. Metropolis, Ill has all the Superman stuff. Tampa has CTVT. and I'm sure there are more places like that. You'd get more variety in attendees and still get the hardcore MM people to follow it around.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

Hey now, no reason for folks to get nasty is there?

I mean, I thought this was a suggestion thread.

We have suggestion threads in the EMCE forums, Castaway, Zica and Figures Toy forums, where we folks all voice our dislikes, and likes, our wants, our disappointments on toylines we have NO hand in actually producing.

It's part of fandom.

This is no different.

So, we're talking about a convention instead of a toy line. Same dif.

The Doc gave his opinion, I gave mine, B-lister gave his, T-Bolt gave his...

No need to take anything personally.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

The solution might be to start a new show; New York High Quality China Made Reproduction Meet, anyone ?

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

I'm just hoping to see a few Mego peeps in O-town come FX Nov 15-17.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

You should start a call now for FX, I did one met several folks. It was a great show.

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

would love to have a show closer to the west coast. maybe somewhere in the middle like chicago? maybe around the same time as the kane county show? just a suggestion.

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

I am serious. Why is it time to move the meet out of Wheeling? I never got an explanation for that other than spite and bias.

Move it out of the basement? Sure, but what's wrong with the city of Wheeling other than 'it isn't New York.'?

I won't hold my breath for an answer Paul, since you were so dismissive of where I live in the title and your reply.

Originally posted by drmego
                            Says the guy that lives in Wheeling - I figured anyone in Wheeling would find the idea horrible.

It's not the idea I find horrible, so much as the attitude and demeanor of the person presenting it. YOU don't like the venue. What's wrong with a bigger venue in Wheeling? Nothing. But in order for your idea to hold any weight, you can't criticize the venue without criticizing the city, as if they are not separate.

The fact is, there's nothing wrong with the city of Wheeling, it is simply the cramped basement. You're just using that as a springboard for a change of location without checking to see if there was another suitable venue in the same city. If you were really trying to help, logic would dictate that would be the place to start.

But you can't move it closer to New York without dismissing Wheeling.

So in effect it is not about MEGO, or MEGO Meet at all. It is about the comfort of Doctor Mego.
                            Last edited by B-Lister; Sep 8, '13, 2:32 AM.

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                              Type3Toys Has Transformed
                              • Oct 5, 2011

I would also love to see the meet moved out of WV. As someone who makes the 7hr drive, the distance is not the issue either. The event has outgrown the venue. The "Meet" has become a "Show" and needs to be treated as such. The 10th anniversary is the perfect time to upgrade this event. The 8" format is no longer a secret, with nearly 200 or more new 8" figures made over the last several years. I have long believed that this event, not to mention THIS ENTIRE FORMAT, would benefit from a venue that is more family oriented.
                              Most of us get to take 1 vacation a year(if we are lucky). Most of us don't have the luxury of personal getaway AND a family vacation. If a location for the meet which would allow folks to combine the 2 could be found, the vent would benefit. If you are one of those who can afford several vacations and prefer to leave your family home, just don't bring them.
                              View My Customs
                              www.type3toys.com
                              or check here
                              http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Moving it might attract new people to the event and to the hobby. Me, for example.

I NY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎