X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Type 2 Robin with Plastic Snaps...

Don't know if you can tell with this pic but the "end of the line" T2 Robin has a much darker shorts and sleeves then a earlier T2 Robin. The one to the right, as you are looking at the picture, is the T2 Robin with Plast Snaps. Definitely looks to be the "end of the line" do to the snaps being plastic...but I just noticed as I was taking the pic that his head is slightly smaller. Oil shortage may have had something to do with it. Head also has that slightly slick feeling to it:

Got it on ebay a few months back. I had the shorts in my collection for about 5 years or so. The auction I won had the Robin with just the top. I noticed that the tops sleeves looked darker than normal. In the auction was a Batman that was hammered...but the head was in nice shape. The head on bats was darker blue in shade to what the normal Batman heads colors are. If I get a chance I'll take a pic of 2 type 2 Batman heads. Interesting how Mego started changing a few things near the end.
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

yes the plastic snap robin..i sold one not long back the darker green material looked slightly different material to the normal green.. because id got no pants to match the green I sold it on..

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

That is interesting.The head is definately smaller,the sleeves are longer and the color is darker.The head also has a more shiny, oily look to it.

He should also have the fabric/cloth emblem and thats what piqued my interest,because i know i have a cloth emblem Robin,BUT,does he have plastic snaps?

Or the smaller head?

I dont know for sure.

Bad News,in order to find out,i think he is in HERE.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-8XGhBfL/0/L/i-8XGhBfL-L.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
        • Jan 26, 2009

I really hate not having the room to display everything.I found him,but of course not where i thought he was.He ended up being HERE and i dug past him to where i thought he was,lol.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-JDQk6bm/0/M/i-JDQk6bm-M.jpg[/img]

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
          Time to feed the cat
          • Dec 30, 2007

holy cow!!!!!

Comment

• piecemaker
            • Jan 26, 2009

I bought this guy in a Ebay lot 4 or 5 years ago.BM jogged my memory about him.I knew he had a fabric emblem which is what all plastic snap Robins have but i couldn't remember if he had the plastic snap or if i had even noticed what kind of snap he had.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-w4XqzPQ/0/M/i-w4XqzPQ-M.jpg[/img]

I was really expecting him to have a metal snap but to my surprise he does have a plastic snap.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-tR37bZx/0/M/i-tR37bZx-M.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
              • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
              holy cow!!!!!
              LOL,thats just one small closet.There's ALOT more. Megos,ReMegos,Custom Megos and a variety of other 70s action figures.They are very addicting.

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

My carded one is the plastic snap version. Darker shorts are the head looks to regular sized.

Comment

• piecemaker
                  • Jan 26, 2009

^^^Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡