X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepers creepers
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 14, 2010

what do i do about mildew on my action figure clothes

I noticed today, that a lot of my action figure's all of a sudden have mildew on them, especially the figure's wearing black and dark clothes. what can I do to fix this? please help me.
    my want list - Mego Talk
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Lighter Fluid and a match. Seriously i have never had that problem,but it sounds like if this is something that just started you probably need to store/display these figures in a drier environment and try this to clean them up:http://www.ehow.com/how_18795_remove...ng.html#page=1
    Last edited by piecemaker; Sep 3, '13, 7:38 PM.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

If you can't throw them in the wash because of the stickered decals use a tide and Clorox pen.

Comment

• RobTMego
        Career Member
        • Mar 15, 2013

First, I would Buy a dehumidifier, cause if you don't stop the source of the moisture it will come right back.
        second then wait for the figures to dry out, if you try and clean live mildew it will smear, dryed out and dead mildew sometimes can be mostly brushed off.
        Last edited by RobTMego; Sep 4, '13, 9:41 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• jeepers creepers
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 14, 2010

what I don't understand is, there is no moisture. the only thing I can think of, that caused it, is the lack of air movement. I've opened it up, and put a fan in there. hope that it stops it from getting worse.
          my want list - Mego Talk

Comment

• piecemaker
            There's no need to fear..
            • Jan 26, 2009

Got pics.Their has to be moisture coming from somewhere for mildew to form.Maybe you washed something and put it in this display cabinet? and it wasn't fully dry and the moisture was trapped in there and moved onto other figures? High humidity? Air Conditioning and or dehumidifier in this area?

Comment

• jeepers creepers
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jul 14, 2010

no, I didn't wash anything. and it's happening in more then one area of my toy room. it has been humid outside this summer. I've didn't go in there much in the last few days, so it has to be because the windows and door, have been closed, and there was no air movement. I'm worried about trying to clean them and making it worse. some of the clothes are very delicate.
              my want list - Mego Talk

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

I would definitely try a dehumidifier and see how much moisture is drawn from the air. If they are stored in a downstairs or
                Rec-room area that is partially or fully below ground level, consider relocating to an upstairs room with darkened shades to avoid too much sunlight. That can cause other issues.

Comment

• Relic
                  Banned
                  • Jun 24, 2012

An easy way to get rid of the smell is to place the clothes in a Kleenex then put the Kleenex inside a dryer sheet for a few hours. This will get rid of the smell. To prevent future smells simply place some newspaper in the cabinet with the Megos. The newsaper should not be touching anything, just loose in behind. Newspaper works wonders for smelly shoes as well.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎