X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Catwoman

Just about finished with Catwoman but would love some input on the goggles if anyone has any thoughts. I didn't want to sculpt them onto her head and now it's too late even if I did so trying to figure out a clever way to construct some accurate goggles. I also plan on switching out her hands with a set of black ones.

Catwoman 004.jpg
  • Aricosaur
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 26, 2013

Maybe cut them out of a sheet of that thin foam they sell a places like Michael's? Then glue on some circles from a sheet of clear plastic? I think they sell the clear plastic in yellow, too. Then glue an elastic band on to make the head strap?

Great work on the costume, by the way.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Aricosaur
      Maybe cut them out of a sheet of that thin foam they sell a places like Michael's? Then glue on some circles from a sheet of clear plastic? I think they sell the clear plastic in yellow, too. Then glue an elastic band on to make the head strap?

Great work on the costume, by the way.
      Thanks. Of all the things that I was thinking, I hadn't thought of the craft foam. I may have to try that out! Thanks for the input.

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

When in doubt....CraftFoam! (long going joke). Ask Link to 3d print you a pair.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I did some customs for my kids where I made googles using buttons sewn onto a tiny piece of elastic. It was simple but came out looking nice.

Amy had a suggestion of using little plastic sheeting for the lenses and sculpting the goggle part around them. I think that would have looked even better, but I worried it would be too fragile for my purposes.

Comment

• ubermanx
            Career Member
            • Jul 3, 2013

Since her googles are often portraited as being a bit dome-like you could xacto a pair of googly eyes from the craft store. Cutoff the white backing.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎