X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Ultraman

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has purchased deluxe figures in recent years while thinking, "Why didn't they have these when I was little?" This is one of them.

I LOVED watching Ultraman in the early 70's. I dreamt of a figure very similar to this back then and now (decades later) it arrived. Eyes light up and, even better, the chest light is lit blue until you place the beta capsule underneath it. When you do, it starts flashing red!! The figure stands about 13 inches tall with a rubber style outfit that zips up in the back (probably like the real deal did)! Also comes with a minature Science Patrol aircraft and interchangable hands. Now I bought this about six or seven years ago, but it's been a great conversation piece ever since, so I thought I would share it here.
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I had the deluxe version of Spectreman for a while. It was great and I would have been in love with it when i was a little boy. Marmit has made some great figures.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

i have that exact same ultraman figure. it definitely came out about 25 years late. but it's definitely a very well done and beautiful figure. one of my favorites!

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

There WAS a similar Ultraman figure made in the 70's. It was about 12", came with two different heads (to represent the two slightly different masks used in the original show) and had lights in the eyes and chest. When you touched the chest one with a magnet it'd change colour and blink. It didn't have a removable outfit though, it was molded on.

I hadn't seen it until the 90's; and by then it was WAY expensive! Still, I would have loved it when I was a kid. This one too! (I'd probably have it wrecked within a week.) When I was a kid I used to watch the show with my grandfather. Then we'd make toys of the monsters. They'd stand about three feet high and could eat a Star Wars figure. We'd make 'em out of corrugated cardboard mostly. (Which is probably where I get it from.... if you've seen any of my Mego custom pics...)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎