X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

Head swapping?

Just curious what heads will work on which bodies or if they'll all work together. F.ex., can you put a AHI head on a Lincoln or LJN body? Will Lincoln fit on a Mego?
  • jeepers creepers
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 14, 2010

a Lincoln head on anything but a Lincoln body would be a shame. and not a good idea I Lincoln head is rare and worth money.
    my want list - Mego Talk

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by torgospizza
      Just curious what heads will work on which bodies or if they'll all work together. F.ex., can you put a AHI head on a Lincoln or LJN body? Will Lincoln fit on a Mego?
      I have a Lincoln Dracula on an AJ body, it looks fine and isn't sacrilege.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jeepers creepers
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jul 14, 2010

if it isn't sacrilege , it's pretty darn close, the only reason to do such a thing, would be you have a Lincoln head, and you don't have the body, and you want to display it.
        my want list - Mego Talk

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Meh, while I wouldn't do it personally, people can do whatever they want with their stuff. Don't like it? We have to lump it.

If I had the money and time, I'd make hyper articulated Lincoln figures.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
            Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
            • Mar 3, 2010

So here's what I'm thinking.... An AHI Abominable Snowman head, on a powder blue Mego type-2 body (from Mego Star Trek line).... with a Biff Bang Pow Gremlin suit....

Or ... a Lincoln Wolfman head, on a brown Mego Type 2 body, with AHI Frankenstein pants and boots......

I've always wanted to put the yellow T2 hands of the Mego Scarecrow (Wiz of OZ) on a Mego T2 green body, (Neptunian), using the POTA Astronaut head..... I haven't figured out what outfit to use for him yet though.....
            Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by jeepers creepers
              if it isn't sacrilege , it's pretty darn close, the only reason to do such a thing, would be you have a Lincoln head, and you don't have the body, and you want to display it.
              The only thing worse than a Lincoln head on a non-Lincoln body is a Lincoln head laying in a parts box unused.

In general, it depends on the neck plug or lack thereof. Some AHI and knockoff heads are 'female' and lack the plug. For those, I use a dowel if I am trying to mate them to a traditional Mego body for display purposes.

Comment

• torgospizza
                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                I have a Lincoln Dracula on an AJ body, it looks fine and isn't sacrilege.
                Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                In general, it depends on the neck plug or lack thereof. Some AHI and knockoff heads are 'female' and lack the plug. For those, I use a dowel if I am trying to mate them to a traditional Mego body for display purposes.
                That's the kind of info I was interested in. I realize on eBay a person could pick up a lot with LJN Emergency parts (f.ex.) and maybe the body might be busted up fairly bad. If the clothes and heads would work with, say, a Mego, I'd use them. I'd obviously prefer the proper parts all together; however, as we go further along in time, I imagine bodies are becoming more rare than heads, since there's more that could go wrong with them. Some of those companies' figures look to have fragile joints, in comparison to Megos or replacement bodies from Doc. Frankly, I'd rather have thrown together mishmash figures than have 3/4 of the figure and gear sitting in a Ziploc bag in a parts bin for years. It's not that I wouldn't prefer the real deal.

Comment

• jeepers creepers
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 14, 2010

well said torqospizza and emce hammer
                  my want list - Mego Talk

Comment

• RobTMego
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 15, 2013

I always say if it is for yourself "only" do it!! there are some Lincoln stuff, I would or could never afford. hell the only carded stuff I own is from 2005 and up. Cause I want to collect and I want to custom and I want to hang with you cool people that share a common interest and most of all I want to touch and play with the toys I grew up with

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>An AHI Abominable Snowman head, on a powder blue Mego type-2 body

Do you mean a Tomland one? 'Cos that'd work real well. I love the Tomland characters, but the bodies are horrid, so I've been snagging heads and putting them on proper T2 style bodies, with custom hands and feet as appropriate.

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ctc
                        >An AHI Abominable Snowman head, on a powder blue Mego type-2 body

Do you mean a Tomland one? 'Cos that'd work real well. I love the Tomland characters, but the bodies are horrid, so I've been snagging heads and putting them on proper T2 style bodies, with custom hands and feet as appropriate.

Don C.
                        Yeah those Star Raiders "hitch hiking" hands always bugged me.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎