X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Price Check on Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle

I was thinking of buying one of those evel knievel stunt cycles with the cool wind up mechanism so you can make him do tricks all over the living room. Any way, I would like to know how much those things cost, I have seen them a few times with a BIN on them but the sellers are always asking insane amounts for them, or they aren't insane and I am lacking knowledge in the field of evel knievel to know the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Also I am more interested in getting a boxed one but knowing how much a loose one goes for wouldn't hurt either.

thanks
    I the Monster Hero
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Boxed you're probably looking at $125 and up. Loose and complete, right around $75

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

If all you wanna do is zip it around your house, you're probably better off buying one of the replicas they make today. I have a few of these sets, and they're lotsa fun to play with. They're reasonably priced and you can find them on Ebay or backtobasicstoys.com .
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
        Boxed you're probably looking at $125 and up. Loose and complete, right around $75
        After 6 years of checking these things out and buying..

Give or take all prices a little pending on box issue, cycle issue, etc...

MISB $350-500+

MIB nice box, really nice to mint items, $175-250

Loose mint complete NO cycle damage, clean figure no wires broken ETC, possibly with poor shape box also.... $125-175

loose complete minor cycle breaks, minor figure wear, ETC... $75-125

Anything else.... below $75

If you just want to mess around with take Hardygirls advise, just get the $35-50 new sets, they are just as fun.

I have found that some of the vintage sets the cycle plastic has become brittle with age and can break easily if not careful. I know personally on that one.

Lynn

Comment

• MegoNinja
          Career Member
          • Feb 7, 2007

thanks for the help guys, I would buy the new ones, but honestly, I hate remakes enough to risk playing with an old one. Of course, I am not going to use it all day in the back yard, I just want to play with one for a bit and then display it proudly amongst all my 70's paraphernalia.
          Now I know how much I have to save up my pennies.
          I the Monster Hero

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎