Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • faldadar
    • Dec 7, 2012

Robin shoes

I know i have asked part of the question in the past and received an answer already i have a part two follow up.

i have came across a few more robin shoes some have a 3 marked inside and the majority have said these were original.

i now have some that have a 1, and 2, and what appears to be a 5 marked, inside.

According the mego accessory checker a DM will have a DM inside and CTVT will be more glossy and cut slightly different.

have others looked at their Robin shoes to see what other numbers are stamped inside.

thanks for the assistance and to everyone that continues to make this forum a huge success.
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>i now have some that have a 1, and 2, and what appears to be a 5 marked, inside.

The numbers indicate the mold that was used, as I recall. That way the company could track which molds were getting worn out.

Don C.

Comment

• faldadar
      • Dec 7, 2012

Interesting information regarding the molds

Thanks for the confirmation just in case in the future I list these I wanted to ensure I list correctly

With so many repro parts on the market I am attempting to stay current

Thanks to the MM accessory checker and this huge fan based forum for making it possible

Comment

• LOU
        Museum FIN-atic
        • Nov 20, 2003

Good question! Glad I used the search function here! I was wondering the same thing about this. The "Accessory Check" makes no mention of the numbers stamped inside so I was worried when I saw them in my Robin's shoes.
        In light of that AWESOME info shared by Don C. above, should we assume that both Robin shoe's should be from the same mold on any given "complete" Robin specimen or were all the shoes from all the molds thrown into one batch and then randomly put on Robin figures? Finally do any other Mego figures have these numbers? If so this is a great way to identify real Mego parts as well.

Comment

• LOU
          Museum FIN-atic
          • Nov 20, 2003

Actually, I just looked inside my Robin shoes and I don't have a number...I have letters. It looks like one shoe has an "M" and the other has a "Y" printed inside the shoe. I assume they must've used letters too for the same reason. Anyone else have letters instead of numbers in their Robin shoes?

Comment

• RobTMego
            Career Member
            • Mar 15, 2013

I checked mine and found a "2", "32", "A" and a "M"

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

the repros usually have a shinny finish. you can tell.
              sigpic

Comment

• HapSlash
                Tribal Witchdoctor
                • Nov 18, 2009

Yes, the letters served the same function.

CTVT shoes are very easy to spot, not only are they a different shape, they are made out of a different material. They aren't rubbery like Mego shoes, but more similar to the type of plastic used for the boots.
                ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
                HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎