X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
    ^^^ NICE! Based on a daily average to reach that goal, you guys are actually ahead of that pace with 15 days to go! Of course now is not the time to let up. Lets keep the momentum going! Congrats guys! It's looking very promising. This is awesome news! It's fun to be a part of this too. It's nice to be invested in something you love.
    Thanks bro... this is what I posted in the other thread:

If there was ever any doubt that this was a community this is proof that we really are. Castaway Toys is and will aways be YOUR toy company... YOU supported us in the past, and YOU have brought us back to life! It will be our mission to:

Bring you the best in quality Action-figures!
    Bring you the best consumer experience!
    Bring you the best customer service!
    Bring your ideas and suggestions to life!
    Bring ourselves here everyday to be part of this community!

That's a promise my friends...

Dave

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

cool.

He'd make a good Indiana Jones.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
        Thanks bro... this is what I posted in the other thread:

If there was ever any doubt that this was a community this is proof that we really are. Castaway Toys is and will aways be YOUR toy company... YOU supported us in the past, and YOU have brought us back to life! It will be our mission to:

Bring you the best in quality Action-figures!
        Bring you the best consumer experience!
        Bring you the best customer service!
        Bring your ideas and suggestions to life!
        Bring ourselves here everyday to be part of this community!

That's a promise my friends...

Dave
        My most heartfelt congrats to you and Craig, Dave, and everyone involved with Castaway and the Kickstarter. But 70% of the goal isn't 100%! Sure, there's two weeks to go, but now's not the time to rest on them laurels!

OBrienLockerroom.jpg

I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years -- None of you ever knew George Gipp. It was long before your time. But you know what a tradition he is as a Mego collector and customizer...

(There is gentle, faraway look in my eyes as I recall the boy's words). And the last thing he said to me -- "Tim," he said - "sometime, when Castaway Toys is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys and screwing up their customs -- tell them to go out there with all they got and redesign the Type 2 body with increased articulation and no more rubber bands for the Gipper...

(My eyes become misty and his voice is unsteady as I finish). I don't know where I'll be then, Tim", he said - "but I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

Dave, Craig, fellow Kickstarter supporters... let's win this one for (sniff) the Gipper.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Frank
          Veteran Member
          • May 2, 2009

Any thought given to flocked hair and beard versions? That would definitely give them a nice 70's vibe.

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Frank
            Any thought given to flocked hair and beard versions? That would definitely give them a nice 70's vibe.
            yup already mentioned... you can bank on that happening.

Dave

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Almost there!!
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Here is the bearded AJ WIP... these are really gonna be cool looking figures...

Dave

Comment

• Scousebadger
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2, 2012

Fantastic!

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Any chance of a BALD bearded head? That way we can give him rooted hair, and make a Qui-Gon Jinn!

Don't tell me no one ELSE thought of THAT!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• nubee
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

Will just the heads with the various colors and beard be available? (They look fantastic)

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by nubee
                        Will just the heads with the various colors and beard be available? (They look fantastic)
                        No, the Action Jackson head and it's different variations will not be sold individually. If you want an Action Jackson head you have to buy a complete figure. We will be selling individual heads but not of any characters that we create specifically for the Action Jackson line. However, there are plans to sell a basic Action Jackson figure which would be a nude Type S body with an AJ head. This way you have a cheaper alternative for buying AJ figures that can be used to display various clothing and accessory sets.

Comment

• AlanJG1
                          • Jul 22, 2013

AJ with a beard looks great too!
                          I'll have to pick up a bearded one to go with beardless AJ. Just need to decide on a hair/beard color. Decisions.... decisions...

Will you guys be doing specific eye colors to go with specific hair colors? Like vintage GI Joes had.

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by AlanJG1
                            AJ with a beard looks great too!
                            I'll have to pick up a bearded one to go with beardless AJ. Just need to decide on a hair/beard color. Decisions.... decisions...

Will you guys be doing specific eye colors to go with specific hair colors? Like vintage GI Joes had.
                            We'll see what the factory says... usually they don't care about such things, but it's a question we have to ask...

I would see it like this (pun intended)

Black/Brown
                            Brown/Brown
                            Blonde/Blue
                            Red/Blue or Green

Comment

• megocrazy
                              Museum Trouble Maker
                              • Feb 18, 2007

I'll say it again, this line, done correctly, is way overdue. The options for characters and accessories is pretty much endless. I always thought CTVT would have been better off releasing stuff like knights and western heroes as suits rather than complete figures. Then offer bodies as a separate option. Would have kept a ton of the negative body reviews away just as a start. This line would offer that ability. Generic characters like police, fire, or military. It could branch into lines similar to Big Jim or Super Joe easily, and the fact that it has a vintage past could attract a huge number of those collector's. Villains are possible and any comic tie in would be a bonus. Would love to see some vehicles. AJ was one of the big Mego items I had as a kid. Very interested in seeing where it goes.
                              Last edited by megocrazy; Jul 31, '13, 1:46 AM.
                              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                                • Apr 3, 2007

Wow...even though my first love is ugly AJ, I really do like this sculpt, especially the bearded version. But will there be an African American version?
                                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎