Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delgado's Master, will we ever GET this figure????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Delgado's Master, will we ever GET this figure????

Like the title says, will we ever GET this figure???

I am rather shameless in my preference; Delgado's Master was the first one I ever really liked. I had seen Anthony Ainley's performance, and it left me cold.

To think, that the writer's of the program took a charming, suave, urbane and educated villain and turned him into a psychopath that had about as much charm as a cockroach.

The Peter Pratt version of the Master, while scary in appearance, wasn't really all that scary after you got used to him.

Delgado could be much more menacing when he wanted to be, he just covered it up with charm and smooth talk.

As for John Simm, he did a good job as the Master, but he was still a complete raving nutjob. Okay, he was an effective raving nutjob, but still....

I have to admit, I first saw one of Delgado's appearances when I was around twelve or thirteen, and when his name came up in the credits, I turned to my mother in shock and said "MOMMY! THE BAD GUY WAS PUERTO RICAN!!!"

Yes, I was naïve enough to assume that he was Puerto Rican and that he had made it in a fickle business like acting. After all, if Jose Ferrer could do it with a very polished, urbane Continental accent, so could he.

I later found out that he was born in England, and had a Basque mother and a Spanish father, hence the surname Delgado.

Still, if there are any other versions of the Master to be made, the Delgado one is THE one to be made! He was the one that first played the character, and made it such an integral part of the Dr. Who mythos.

Come one peeps! Let's hear it from other Delgado fans!
    JediJaida
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I fully endorse this message...

Delgado's Master was iconic in the series, the man was all intelligence and cold evil.
    As a figure, it wouldn't be that hard to make, but maybe the likeness is the reason why The Delgado Master isn't there yet. I guess it's up to his estate?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Delgado's Master and Pertwee's Doctor two-pack. BBP, MAKE THIS HAPPEN, PLEASE!
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

That's what I'm SAYIN'!!!
        JediJaida

Comment

• TheObsoleteMan
          • Aug 1, 2012

Delgado is THE Master, all others are merely pretenders to the throne.

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
          I fully endorse this message...

Delgado's Master was iconic in the series, the man was all intelligence and cold evil.
          As a figure, it wouldn't be that hard to make, but maybe the likeness is the reason why The Delgado Master isn't there yet. I guess it's up to his estate?
          There have been Delgado figures in the Character Options line, so I don't think likeness rights are an issue.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I love Delgado, but in Anthony Ainley's defence he made the character his own (as each Doctor has)

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

Ditto. I'd love a Delgado Master and/or a Ainley version. Just as long as one of them gets made.

Never liked that in the new version he's a nutjob and not just pure evil like in the old days.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

The problem with Simm was he was both evil AND a nutjob.

Villains can be one or the other, not both.

There is only ONE villain who is both and he doesn't belong in the Doctor Who mythos: the Joker.

He belongs with Batman, not Doctor Who.
                JediJaida

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Maybe we need a Delgado/Ainley 2-pack on The Master. There's going to be 3 Doctor figures out there now. Should be enough to combat 2 Masters.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Delgado's master has a better chance than Eric Roberts.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎