Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I called that manager today (who was very nice btw) and he told me he checked his manifest and he should be getting MOTU figures on their truck tomorrow. Unfortunately it doesn't say which characters. So, I'm to call him back tomorrow after 3:00 and he'll tell me what they received. And if I want, he'll hold them until I can pick them up. I'll keep you all posted.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

TG posted this on the Matty board to staunch any criticism:

He-Fans,

As people are gearing up to subscribe for 2014, I wanted to make sure and clarify any outstanding issues or questions. One that I see popping up on the boards is the recent supply of MOTUC figures at some discount chains like Big Lots. I’ve seen some fans have concerns about why they should subscribe when "they can just wait it out and see more MOTUC at discount".

The direct answer is; you won’t.

As announced back in Dec 2012, product that went unsold on Cyber Monday 2012 (all 2011 and earlier) would be going to discount channels to clear out the way for 2013 and 2014 as well as help promote the line. All of the figures offered this way were first offered on discount on Mattycollector.com through Cyber Monday. All of this product is from the “second run” of a handful of older 2009-2011 stock. Back then, we used to run second runs and add a burst noting “the Original” on package (in line with what the vintage line did when He-Man was reissued so Moms wouldn’t confuse him with newer He-Man variants like Battle Armor etc…). But I digress.

The point is, the second runs of figures did not perform as well for us. We sold them on discount first on Matty, and after this, the small remaining stock was moved to discount retailers 6 months ago (as announced in Dec.) and is just now showing up. Newer figures from 2012 and 2013 are not going into a second run and are selling through completely. As you may have noticed, each month in 2013 we have been selling through the very small remaining customer service stock of some 2012 figures. So for example when we sold 2012 Stinkor a month or two ago (starting in Early Access) that was it. There are no more. So there are no 2012-2013 figures (and beyond) that will show up at discount because there is no more stock.

It was a one time thing to move through older 2009-2011 second run figures that had first been offered at discount on Matty on Cyber Monday 2012.

I hope that clears things up. So if you are not subbing in the hope that if you wait long enough MOTUC figures will show up at discount, know that that isn’t going to happen. All 2012 and 2013 figures only have one run and are selling through in full. There isn’t any stock to sell at discount. Starting in Jan 2012, it has been a onetime shot (with very limited CS stock sold off during EA the following year)

I hope this help nullify this issue and encourage everyone to sub up this year for both DC and MOTU. The line has very much become subscriber dependent. The next two years will be only the remaining vintage MOTU, POP, A list NA, mini comic and animated figures. No concept or box art or background characters. And if you note who is still unmade in the vintage line, (i.e. Extendar, Mermista, Flogg, Dragstor, Gwildor, Ninjor, Sweet Bee, etc…) a lot of them have a ton of new parts. So the next two years really are going to be some of the best figures we have ever done. You are getting a lot more bang for your buck in 2014 and 2015 (compared to say 2009 when a new fig like Tri-Klops or Zodac was a head and armor only). The value will be huge every month. Compare Mantenna and a Horde Trooper to Scareglow and Prince Adam. Upcoming figures are much more like Mantenna in terms of new parts and value!

Finally, for those who are still unclear at who is left and who you will be getting, consider the unmade vintage figs in a little more detail. There are two snake men left. Squeeeze and Tung Lasher. One will be in 2014, one in 2015. Get it? And whomever you don't get in 2014 will be in 2015 (assuming enough sub holders both years). All of the remaining vintage figs have been split over two years (assuming we get enough sub holders each year). So by the end of 2015, the goal is to wrap up our collections (with of course the potential for some con items or other ways to always do figures beyond that should there be customer support).

Okay, that is my soapbox. Hope it helps! Head on over today to Mattycollector.com because the sub period is only through Aug 19th for DC, MOTU and the incredible Ecto 1!

TG
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

lol ...
        Love the Pitch for Subscriptions or Else !
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
          lol ...
          Love the Pitch for Subscriptions or Else !
          Lol, yeah, another positive of walking away from this line is I don't have to deal with Toy Guru's fear tactics anymore.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Anarchy
            Career Member
            • May 26, 2009

yea im slightly ticked about the figures showing up for 10 bucks at big lots and im one of the sunscribers who paid about 30 bucks each for each figure with the subscription, but i absolutely love this line and have no regrets about my purchases so far, who would of thought we would get so many characters from he-man lore.
            Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Ya know what the 10 explosion shows?

Let Matty license the line out, to say Doc or Lee/Craig, and use a similar pre-sale model, but at under 20, and it would be white hot.

What's totally nuts is they've actually sparked a larger circle of interested buyers - and are going to keep the exact same model.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I called this afternoon and he didn't get any MOTU. He did however get the Retro talking Venkman and the 6" Venkman.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

My Adora is on hold pending trade. Still have Orko.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jimsmegos
                    Mego Dork
                    • Nov 9, 2008

These figures really are impressive. We opened the Skeletor set and I was blown away. It's a shame that Matty apparently has such an issue with distribution and scare tactics they've had. Versus the Retro Action these are such a high quality. Still if I found a RA Ghostbuster on the shelf I'd be hard pressed not to buy one just because it was "on the shelf". Oh toy companies how you vex me.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Picked up a retro action talking venkman as trade bait.

Entertaining offers.

Will trade for Sutekh, Cybercommander, or The Master.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                        GL of Mego Sector
                        • Oct 8, 2007

If any one actually sees the Peter Venkman pack let me know I would be very interested! As I recall though it was Egon and Ray in one two pack and Peter and Winston in the other and so far I've only heard of the Egon/Ray pack showing up.
                        No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Anyone find anything lately?

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                            GL of Mego Sector
                            • Oct 8, 2007

i Keep calling, mostly they say they haven't gotten anything in yet, I found a few flip shots at one but I passed on him (I'm not a NA fan)
                            No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Found some new ones today, Adora, Mossman, & Orko , so they are still shipping. Bought the Molarr set. I've only seen one Ghostbusters and it was 8" Vigo.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

I've run across a pair of cases. The current assortments appear to predominantly be...

Icarus, Clawful, Megator, Man-E-Faces, Marzo, Sy-Klone, Adora and some Orkos.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎