Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

From what I can gather, there was an initial release around mid-July starting in Cali. Word got out, and every hoarder/scalper on God's green Earth went out in full force and bought everything. Why anyone needs duplicates of the Mo-Larr set...ya got me, 'cause once all of this floods eBay only certain figures are going to have value.

The distribution pattern is really bizarre. Virginia and MD were flooded at first, while Texas and OH have been a drought. I'll keep checking. From the assortment available, I'm only after four, so if I find some others I'll offer them here at the Lots price.

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

Struck out twice this weekend. Went to one on Saturday that was closing down (didn't know it at the time) and hit one yesterday that had nothing.

-Chris

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by toys2cool
        went again today and nothing, i asked the manager and they had no idea what I was talking about lol
        Thought about asking the manager yesterday but figured I'd get either a blank stare or a shoulder shrug.

-Chris

Comment

• Anarchy
          Career Member
          • May 26, 2009

same here in NJ, nothing. i also asked and got a blank stare
          Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• Den82
            Career Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by kerowack
            That was me! But I returned them because I had buyers remorse and had all the batman 66 stuff on order! Go check it out! To den82 btw....
            Oh, yeah? I called. The manager told me none came back and she hasn't seen any since that first shipment.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Winter Haven BL had some.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

ugghhh.

Some lunatic came in and bought everything at my most local BL before 11. I was told yesterday by the manager they wouldn't get to the boxes until closer to evening. This is beyond infuriating.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Ok, stopped at 3 BLs between home and the GA show and found Megator, Icarius, Snout Spout, Sy-Clone, Clawful, Cheif Carnivus, the Mo-Larr set and the Vykron set. Still looking for Orko, Adora and now King Greyskull & Man-E-Faces.

I spoke to one fo the managers at one who had asked me if I had found what I was looking for. So I told him what I was looking for and he said he had received several calls from people asking if they had come in yet. He then asked me how I knew BL was getting MOTU and Ghostbusters figures and I told him the internet. He told me he is suppose to be receiving enough product to keep an endcap full for 16 weeks. So far he only had received Megator and the 12" Ghosybusters II Egon and Peter 2-pack. He gave me his name and number and to call back mid-week when he gets the manifest of what's coming on the next truck. The problem is his BL is halfway to Atlanta. It's not like I can just run up there after work.
                  Last edited by ScottA; Jul 30, '13, 12:07 PM.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• RickD
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 31, 2011

Stopped by Big Lots today and bought what they had

I know alot of people are having problems finding these so here is what I bought:

Sy Klone x 2

Adora x 1

Moss Man x 2

MoLarr - Skeletor set x2

Icarius x 2

Count Marzo x 2

Orko x 2 (reserved for ScottA & Blacknight) If they do not want them- PM me

Man E Faces x1

The Faceless one x1

Please do not buy these if you intend to resell them on eBay for higher costs. I didn't buy these for that. I bought them to help out members here. I will gladly keep these if this is the case.

you can buy them from me back for what I paid. $10 a piece. (gift option pls)

I have to add shipping though. Sorry about that! $5 bucks shipping each. If it is more I'll eat the cost. The Molarr-Skeletor playset should be no more than $10 Shipped. I can combine shipping if more is bought.

Here are some pictures: If you haven't dealt with me yet, please ask Luey, Saucerful, toys2cool (We have done lots of business together). Want everyone to know I am on the level!

Last edited by RickD; Jul 30, '13, 5:29 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

^ Paid.
                      Unreal Man ..., I paid like 32 each for all these Guys.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

I stopped by a Big Lots that's on my commute to work and only saw Megator and Mo-lar sets (maybe 3 or 4 of each).
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

I need Man-E
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Splitty
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 25, 2012

Absolutely NONE in my Salem store (or bought out already), but that could be a city area thing.

The Big Lots (formerly Pic n' Save) has been here awhile, but there's been alot of trashy low-income apartments popping up around it, now this area is a 'bad' area.

Bit Lots used to have all kindsa cool decor, and a big toy section with knock-off toys. Last weekend I went in there for the first time in awhile. Now it is literally split almost 1/2 cheap furniture, 1/2 cheap groceries. They have a tiny tiny toy section now with only name brand discount toys (no more chap mei knock-offs!). I only saw the 12" Ghostbusters set, not hide nor hair of MOTU.

*edit* I just called and the gal said the ONLY one they had was Sy-Klone, and she didn't know if they had any earlier or plan on getting any more.

Kinda sad really. You guys that are getting them in your area are so freaking LUCKY. I am jealous. (:[
                            Last edited by Splitty; Jul 30, '13, 7:53 PM.
                            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

I have an Orko and an Adora figure for trade. Looking for ones I don't have. Interested? Send me a list of what you have.

I also need a Movie Masters Ra's Al Ghul.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

Struck out again today..third one in the Seattle area...hitting one in Tacoma tomorrow. If I strike out there it's over for me.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎