Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The new headless horseman series

Images
    Blog Entries
    watched it on Fox now, well done show. Too bad Clancy Brown didn't make it thru the show.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    I thought it was weird changing Icabod from being Dutch to British, but I guess they needed to for this story line
    .................................................. .......................

I'm torn..... I kind of dug it, and in an earlier post I said modern day take would be cool..........However, the Horseman with automatic weapons? not sold, but not giving up.
    WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Images
    Looks like it's going to very VERY Supernatural-ish

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrimm77 View Post
    I'm torn..... I kind of dug it, and in an earlier post I said modern day take would be cool..........However, the Horseman with automatic weapons? not sold, but not giving up.
    I don't have any problem with him or Ichabod adapting to modern times. Why shouldn't they?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    Surprisingly good show. Genuinely creepy magic.
    This profile is no longer active.

Images
    I liked the second episode better than the first. It was more fun than Agents of Shield

I don't know....... call me old fashioned. however I loved episode #2. All the little secrets Ichabod knows..... very cool
    WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

I've just seen the first two episodes and I'm pretty well hooked. I have always said I don't like horror because I grew up in the era of Freddy, Jason, and other extreme gore movies that turned me off of anything with the "horror" label on it. I've just recently started to discover older, better horror, like the Classic Universal Monsters. Sleepy Hollow reminds me of those. It's about the story and characters who are set in a spooky atmosphere with classic fantasy tropes.

I thought the automatic weapons was a perfect way to amp up the Headless Horseman in the first ep. I like that they seem to be holding him back for special occasions.

The 'sandman' (whatever his native American name is) was awesome. I loved how they tied all those mythologies together. The sand flowing out of his eyes was a great touch.

Images
    Something i'm still trying to figure out ... In the show's reality there was no Legend of Sleepy Hollow story ?

Seems like nobody cares when they hear Icabod Crane's name