Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Action needs to get it together...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
    Round 2 just put up some photos on their Facebook page... finally. One was a look at the new CA packaging which was already revealed some time ago. The other was packaging for Dr. Evil that shows Red Skull, Brainiac, Loki, and the Joker as costume disguises. September/October is the release dates for the repurposed figures. New price point - $19.99 for the figures. I think the costumes for Iron Man and Wolverine are due around October too. Once again, believing is seeing with this company. So we'll see what happens.
    Soooo...they had a panel on Thursday and once again, no ACTUAL product to show? I'm just about through with these guys. Their whole routine is talk, talk, talk about costumes that are eventually, maybe, at some point, possibly, hopefully, coming out. Then they show some pretty pictures and some mock-ups using Bowen statues and DC Direct 13" figures (which I find totally classless) If you don't have a prototype, you don't show another company's product and pass it off as yours.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Soooo...they had a panel on Thursday and once again, no ACTUAL product to show? I'm just about through with these guys. Their whole routine is talk, talk, talk about costumes that are eventually, maybe, at some point, possibly, hopefully, coming out. Then they show some pretty pictures and some mock-ups using Bowen statues and DC Direct 13" figures (which I find totally classless) If you don't have a prototype, you don't show another company's product and pass it off as yours.
      This is absolute truth; any enthusiasm I had for this line is GONE. Really regretting the purchases I have made (and I have every release thus far). I'm probably just going to unload what I have and move on.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Have to agree...the releases take way too long and the line has just become a bore...who knows when we'll get Iron Man

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

^^The thing is, they don't communicate. At all. Any specific questions about characters, release dates, delays etc. are met with "Ooh, look! We have these neat-o mugs for sale!"
          I mean for crying out loud just tell us what the heck is going on. Why are the costume sets taking so long?! I swear, any one of the really talented customizers on here could have hand sewn the damn things by now.
          If it's a sales issue, TELL us. Maybe we could preorder and help move production along. In the meantime, take a hint from Figures Co. You're working on Iron Man? Show us a glove. A boot. ANYTHING is better than nothing. (As long as it's not a hacked up picture of a Bowen statue)

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

SALES is definitely one of the factor's....very few (especially kids) really care about this line....Toys R US is shelf clogged with Captain Action

Comment

• levyguy
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 4, 2009

I agree with everyone. I'm disgusted. It's all hype about nothing. I don't want a coffee mug.
              We get no real information. They show nothing about the Superman or Batman sets. I doubt they will ever be made.
              I don't care about Lady Action. It won't sell anyway except for a few collectors buying it.
              They never mention bringing back Action Boy. It's rediculous. All hype-no product.
              They show illustrations of a ninja CA! They would be cheapening and dishonoring Captain Action. They are going about this the wrong way.
              And they are causing CA fans to lose interest.
              When Playing Mantis cancelled CA because they could not get the major licenses they said they did not wish to cheapon and dishonor CA by coming out with rediculous variations like Dr. Capt. Action, or Jungle Jim CA.
              Round 2 has both DC and Marvel licenses and instead of using them they are looking to create cheap , alternate, CA variations.
              I am very disappointed and getting disgusted just like you guys are. It is frustrating.
              I don't have much hope for the CA line continuing the way things are going now.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by levyguy
                When Playing Mantis cancelled CA because they could not get the major licenses they said they did not wish to cheapon and dishonor CA by coming out with rediculous variations like Dr. Capt. Action, or Jungle Jim CA.
                Round 2 has both DC and Marvel licenses and instead of using them they are looking to create cheap , alternate, CA variations. I am very disappointed and getting disgusted just like you guys are. It is frustrating.
                I don't have much hope for the CA line continuing the way things are going now.
                Interesting enough the people responsible for this latest edition of Captain Action figures are the SAME people who organized this for Playing Mantis, hence the name "Round 2". And the breakdowns and changes they're going through now are EXACTLY what they did as Playing Mantis before. They came to market with overpriced and gaudy packaging. They made lots of promises and showed early mockups of "future" product. Do I need to remind anyone of the Speed Racer debacle? They too went through a full year without product on shelves after scores of false start-ups. So vendors lost interest in them as sales slipped and customers gave up. When they came back out, surprise, surprise, they had him in a coffin box with a new price. By then though the market had dried up and no one cared. Any of this sound familiar to what's happening now? Exactly. So it's a different company name, but the same people at the helm, so it's the same brand.

And what's worse their Facebook page has made resentment much higher this time, because they blow off inquiries on their product and stay in this terminal nostalgia trip showing comics and toys from the 60's and 70's, like people come there to listen to them reminisce. They don't. So it's been another EPIC marketing blunder. They didn't learn a thing from their Playing Mantis experience. So now Round 2 is seemingly headed for the same rocky bottom where the remains of Playing Mantis reside. And it's not because they had bad ideas. Once again it was about bad communication which gave off the appearance of being misleading, by failing to make countless release dates, but never explaining why. Regardless of whether their delays were merited, the company was never upfront about their restructuring until the complaints got so loud they had to come clean. Waiting was not the problem. That's a basic part of being a customer in this industry. The angst comes from being mislead. That's why no one believes what they say. And why no one feels any loyalty to the product anymore. Consumer trust is a big component in remaining viable.

Comment

• levyguy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 4, 2009

MIB41-
                  I agree with you 100%. They blow off all of our questions and suggestions on their FB page and have nothing substantial to show.
                  Just lots of big talk, and hype.
                  I love Captain Action and hate to see the line die again but as you mentioned Round 2 are making the same mistakes PM did and are heading in the same direction.
                  They are sinking CA and I wish it was another company who brought him back. One that would stay true to the Ideal CA and respect and listen to the fans.
                  I'm still hoping for those Superman & Batman sets but I am not going to hold my breath and I realize we can forget about seeing Action Boy back, unless another company takes over the CA line and does it right.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by levyguy
                    MIB41-
                    ...... and I realize we can forget about seeing Action Boy back, unless another company takes over the CA line and does it right.
                    i wonder if CastawayV2 ould be interested in making an Action Jack, boy hero, for their Action Jackson line.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Interesting enough the people responsible for this latest edition of Captain Action figures are the SAME people who organized this for Playing Mantis, hence the name "Round 2". And the breakdowns and changes they're going through now are EXACTLY what they did as Playing Mantis before. They came to market with overpriced and gaudy packaging. They made lots of promises and showed early mockups of "future" product. Do I need to remind anyone of the Speed Racer debacle? They too went through a full year without product on shelves after scores of false start-ups. So vendors lost interest in them as sales slipped and customers gave up. When they came back out, surprise, surprise, they had him in a coffin box with a new price. By then though the market had dried up and no one cared. Any of this sound familiar to what's happening now? Exactly. So it's a different company name, but the same people at the helm, so it's the same brand.

And what's worse their Facebook page has made resentment much higher this time, because they blow off inquiries on their product and stay in this terminal nostalgia trip showing comics and toys from the 60's and 70's, like people come there to listen to them reminisce. They don't. So it's been another EPIC marketing blunder. They didn't learn a thing from their Playing Mantis experience. So now Round 2 is seemingly headed for the same rocky bottom where the remains of Playing Mantis reside. And it's not because they had bad ideas. Once again it was about bad communication which gave off the appearance of being misleading, by failing to make countless release dates, but never explaining why. Regardless of whether their delays were merited, the company was never upfront about their restructuring until the complaints got so loud they had to come clean. Waiting was not the problem. That's a basic part of being a customer in this industry. The angst comes from being mislead. That's why no one believes what they say. And why no one feels any loyalty to the product anymore. Consumer trust is a big component in remaining viable.
                      Maybe they waiting for "Round 3"???

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

I don't have much hope for this line anymore.
                        Last edited by phil; Jul 21, '13, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• levyguy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 4, 2009

Its seems the CA line is done. :(

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

amazing, they have the two licenses they were missing last time around and still can't get it together.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• levyguy
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 4, 2009

It is amazing thunderbolt!
                              If they did things right Captain Action would have really taken off.
                              They have the 2 major licenses-what is the problem?

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Guys,
                                Don't give up on them yet, product is coming!
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡